Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about upgrade from big Y500 to big Y700

question about upgrade from big Y500 to big Y700

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. upgraded from Big Y-500 to Big Y-700

Do they give you a status of pending for big Y700 test if you upgrade from big Y500 to big Y700 as mine says batch 16th of Nov. but nothing yet in the Check the status of pending tests. Below is what it shows today.
    Big Y-700 Ordered 11/12/2020 1143
    Big Y-700 Batched 11/16/2020 1143
    Big Y-700 Completed
    Doesn't give an expected date and I wonder why is this normal are should I contact them ?? Can someone please answer this for me.

On your "Order History" page there should be a link near the top that says "You have an open order. The Awaiting Lab Results page allows you to follow the progress of your order. Check the status of pending tests." Click on the embedded link there and it should show the expected date for results.

Comment

Originally posted by mattn View Post
      On your "Order History" page there should be a link near the top that says "You have an open order. The Awaiting Lab Results page allows you to follow the progress of your order. Check the status of pending tests." Click on the embedded link there and it should show the expected date for results.
      I could be reading the OP wrong but it appears he has already arrived at that page & their is no estimated time there thus his post Apologies if I'm mistaken
      Last edited by abiu; 27 December 2020, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I believe the OP has gotten to the Order History page, but I don't believe he has clicked on the embedded 'Check the status of pending test' as Mattn suggested, but I could also be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
          I believe the OP has gotten to the Order History page, but I don't believe he has clicked on the embedded 'Check the status of pending test' as Mattn suggested, but I could also be mistaken.
          Again apologies if I'm misunderstanding the OP I believe has got there because he stated he had & showed a graphic of what he sees on that page
          Originally posted by McCrary_Fondren View Post
          but nothing yet in the Check the status of pending tests. Below is what it shows today.
          Big Y-700 Ordered 11/12/2020 1143
          Big Y-700 Batched 11/16/2020 1143
          Big Y-700 Completed
          <snip>

Comment

If he has gone to the status page and there's nothing there I guess it could be a glitch when upgrading from Big Y 500 to Big Y 700. If that's the case yes contact customer service.

Comment

The first thing I did was view the Check the status of pending tests and is not there. I check again today and nothing there.So I will try to contact them and see what is going on. I thank everyone for their reply's.

Comment

Update on my upgrade from big Y 500 to big Y 700
                I just had a chat on line with familytreedna and they said my big Y 700 was completed. When I asked why it doesn't show completed in order history they said the would send me and email just as soon as they spoke to the lab Familytreedna chat.jpg

Comment

Update on my upgrade from big Y 500 to big Y 700
                  I just had a chat on line with familytreedna and they said my big Y 700 was completed. When I asked why it doesn't show completed in order history they said the would send me and email just as soon as they spoke to the lab Familytreedna chat.jpg
                  Glad you got it sorted out, well nearly assuming you get the email & everything.

Comment

Originally posted by abiu View Post

Glad you got it sorted out, well nearly assuming you get the email & everything.
                    Abiu. I got an email answer from familytreedna and below is what they said

Thank you for contacting FamilyTreeDNA! The Big Y-700 tests are usually taking around 12-14 weeks in the lab as long as the sample passes quality control. Based on what I can see your Big Y should be ready by the third or maybe second week of March. However, the lab has replied to the lab status request we made for your kit and has said that your test is well on its way as long as it passes the remaining quality control checks so it is possible it could be done sooner.

Our apologies about the Order History being a little confusing. We are working to update that to make it easier to read. My recommendation would be to ignore that and we we will send you an email notification when your Big Y results are complete.

Best Regards,
                    Casimir R.

Comment

Abiu. I got an email answer from familytreedna and below is what they said

Thank you for contacting FamilyTreeDNA! The Big Y-700 tests are usually taking around 12-14 weeks in the lab as long as the sample passes quality control. Based on what I can see your Big Y should be ready by the third or maybe second week of March. However, the lab has replied to the lab status request we made for your kit and has said that your test is well on its way as long as it passes the remaining quality control checks so it is possible it could be done sooner.

Our apologies about the Order History being a little confusing. We are working to update that to make it easier to read. My recommendation would be to ignore that and we we will send you an email notification when your Big Y results are complete.

Best Regards,
                      Casimir R.
                      So you were right! The page information wasn't showing up. At least it isn't a problem with your sample. I'm waiting on my full sequence mtDNA to process too, the wait is killing me but your ETA is worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X