Setting Up A Group Project - Help Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up A Group Project - Help Pages

The help pages say this about setting up a new project #InstructionsAreAsClearAsMud

How do I set up an account for my new Group Project?

FamilyTreeDNA Group Administrators use our Group Administrator Pages (GAP) as the primary tool to run their projects. To create a GAP account, you need a Group Administrator username. The steps for setting up your Group Administrator username at FamilyTreeDNA and linking it to a Group Project differ depending on whether it is a new or existing FamilyTreeDNA Group Project. When your project is approved or when you are invited to administer an existing project, you will be sent an email invitation to register your Group Administrator username with that project.
    Registering New Projects

If this is a brand new project, you will receive an email containing a temporary ID and password to use to register. Once you receive the email:
    1. Follow the link in the email.
    2. Sign in using the temporary ID and password contained in the email.
    3. Follow the steps in the Admin Invitation Page to create your account.
    So according to this you magically get sent an email after FTDNA engage in telepathy. As you lot are more helpful than their help pages anyone willing to explain how FTDNA know to send you an email with the temporary admin id & password for setting up a group project?

Also are there restrictions on who can do this eg are "dna transfer" members (who've payed to unlock FF etc) allowed or is it restricted to people who have bought their original dna test kit directly from FTDNA?

Try this link for Learning Center information: https://learn.familytreedna.com/grou...group-project/

I'd try clicking on the 'project application' link included in this information.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
      Try this link for Learning Center information: https://learn.familytreedna.com/grou...group-project/

I'd try clicking on the 'project application' link included in this information.
      Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
      X