Problem with member subgrouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with member subgrouping

Okay, I hate to gripe, because FTDNA has been a tremendous blessing to me, but - geez - it's been like two months, and this problem persists. I administer the Gist DNA Project and several other projects. The only one glitching is the Gist Project, and it's the member subgrouping thing that doesn't work. I reported it way back in May, and it still isn't working.

It's not my server. It's not my computer. It's FTDNA's problem, but they have not fixed it. I feel like just chucking that project and saying to hell with it.

Every time I try to edit the groups in member subgrouping, I get an error message, and I am unable to accomplish anything. Good grief!

It sounds like you may have already contacted FTDNA, as you say you reported it in May. Was that by using a Customer Support request? I think that is the only way you will have to track this problem. You can refer back to the issue by using the ticket number, as time goes on and if the problem still persists.

I hate to be negative, but I have had a different issue (with my Family Finder match list, showing incorrect maternal and paternal phasing for my matches) since January of this year. They have been trying, and the problem was partly fixed, but so far I still have incorrect phasing for some matches.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
      It sounds like you may have already contacted FTDNA, as you say you reported it in May. Was that by using a Customer Support request? I think that is the only way you will have to track this problem. You can refer back to the issue by using the ticket number, as time goes on and if the problem still persists.

I hate to be negative, but I have had a different issue (with my Family Finder match list, showing incorrect maternal and paternal phasing for my matches) since January of this year. They have been trying, and the problem was partly fixed, but so far I still have incorrect phasing for some matches.
      Yeah, I reported it, but it is still unresolved. I am tempted to give up that project, since I can't do anything with it.

Comment

Problems with subgrouping have been discussed in the 'Group Administrators Forums'.

Comment

Apparently that didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
            Apparently that didn't help.
            You're understandably frustrated, but why don't you explain exactly what your problem is? Maybe somebody knows a workaround you could try. Are you trying to edit the actual names of the subgroups or edit the people in them?

Comment

Originally posted by mattn View Post

You're understandably frustrated, but why don't you explain exactly what your problem is? Maybe somebody knows a workaround you could try. Are you trying to edit the actual names of the subgroups or edit the people in them?
              The following is from the post with which I began this thread:

Originally posted by Stevo
              Every time I try to edit the groups in member subgrouping, I get an error message, and I am unable to accomplish anything.
              That's it. Can't make any changes to the project's groups, and such changes are needed. I administer several FTDNA projects, and this is the only one in which this problem occurs.

Shouldn't need a workaround. FTDNA should fix the problem; it's been about two months since I told them about it.
              Last edited by Stevo; 19 July 2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

BTW, Gist is my mother's maiden surname. I took the project over in May after trying to get in touch with the project's administrator, only to discover he had passed away over a year before. Evidently no one connected to the project knew that, and no one had stepped up to take his place (well, none of them knew he was dead, and apparently no one noticed the lack of activity in the project).

I am unable to change anything about the project's groups. Can't edit the names of the groups, can't move the people around, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post

The following is from the post with which I began this thread:

That's it. Can't make any changes to the project's groups, and such changes are needed. I administer several FTDNA projects, and this is the only one in which this problem occurs.

Shouldn't need a workaround. FTDNA should fix the problem; it's been about two months since I told them about it.
                  Ok good luck to you.

Comment

Have you reported it to FTDNA using either of the two email addresses provided for Group Admins?

Comment

Yes. I've been doing this a long time.

Comment

Here is a blurb that appeared back on May 19th on the Group Administrators' Dashboard:

5/19/2020
                        We have had reports that there is an error in member subgrouping that is affecting some administrators' and co-administrators' ability to load the member subgrouping page. There is a ticket in for this issue and IT is working on it at a high priority. As soon as we have any additional information we'll post it, but please don't hesitate to email [email protected] if you are experiencing this error. Please include the group project affected and your GAP username. Thank you!
                        I responded back then and reported the same issue to that email address.

Like I said, I hate to complain, since FTDNA has been a tremendous blessing to me, but this problem has persisted a long time now and is preventing me from doing anything with this project.

Comment

Working...
                        X