X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewd76
    replied
    Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post

I bookmarked them so I can come directly here. The problem with hiding them like this very little people will be able to find them, therefore, fewer postings and answers to questions.
    I suspect that's on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• ewd76
    replied
    It seems like every time they make an "improvement", the forum becomes less easy to find. I intended to come here the usual way. I then did a site search for "forum" and got nothing helpful. Then I Googled and was able to find it. I've now bookmarked.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    Ah, okay. I think I've seen that in the past, but didn't make use of it myself. FTDNA does seem to shoot itself in the foot at times, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by KATM View Post

A link to the Forums is among the other links at the bottom of the FTDNA home page, under "Community." It's been there (perhaps not under that heading) as long as I can remember. I'm not sure where the "Help" section (with community Q&As) which you mentioned in your first post, is located. Bookmarking is a good idea. And FTDNA should have links to the Forums in multiple places, including within accounts, so customers can find it.

If you manage a project at FTDNA, there is a link to the Forums under the "Resources" menu. But, I do not see a Forum link when logged into an FTDNA account.
    Until just the last few days you could reach the Forums under the Resources link at the top of the page . After signing on under your kit name in the top right hand corner there was an item that said Learning Center. Clicking on that brought up the Resources link at the top of the page and Forums was under that. Then yesterday that disappeared. I think the Forums should be very noticeable to everyone. There is so much learning material on there ......much better than the FAQs and the other features which FT provides.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post

I bookmarked them so I can come directly here. The problem with hiding them like this very little people will be able to find them, therefore, fewer postings and answers to questions.
    A link to the Forums is among the other links at the bottom of the FTDNA home page, under "Community." It's been there (perhaps not under that heading) as long as I can remember. I'm not sure where the "Help" section (with community Q&As) which you mentioned in your first post, is located. Bookmarking is a good idea. And FTDNA should have links to the Forums in multiple places, including within accounts, so customers can find it.

If you manage a project at FTDNA, there is a link to the Forums under the "Resources" menu. But, I do not see a Forum link when logged into an FTDNA account.

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Dano View Post
    Well that's a relief, I thought I had done something or hit a wrong key and lost it forever. Thanks, I know where to look now, I got to here via my e-mails.

Leave a comment:

• Dano
    replied
    Well that's a relief, I thought I had done something or hit a wrong key and lost it forever. Thanks, I know where to look now, I got to here via my e-mails.

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    started a topic Forums....What

Forums....What

Now the forums are even more difficult to get to. They are under “Help” as community questions and answers so basically no one will ever see the forums. So much for trying to get answers to questions. Calling customer service is a “no go”. They read stock answers that have been fed to them.
Working...
X