Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    When a person orders a kit they receive an email which includes their kit number and and password. At the bottom of the message is a link to the forum. People who don't know the forum exist probably aren't looking for it. There are too many negative message titles, like this one, to attract more business.

A Google search for 'FTDNA Forum' finds the link.
    Last edited by Jim Barrett; 17 April 2020, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ewd76
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
    I 'Book Marked' the address years ago and NEVER have a problem.
    That works for the people who know the forums are here. It doesn't help anyone who would benefit but don't know they exist. They might even get more business.

Leave a comment:

• Biblioteque
    replied
    As they say, "there is more than one way to get from her to there" and in this case, I wonder if it is a function of the different ways are computers are set up. On my Windows 10, I have plaques of frequently visited sites. I just click on the one for FTDNA............ one and done.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    I 'Book Marked' the address years ago and NEVER have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• ewd76
    replied
    Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post

I was having a difficult time getting to the forums to but then realized that after I'm signed on under my name and kit number in the upper right corner is a item that says 'Learning Center'. Click on that and the link appears at the top of the middle of the page.

That's a lot of hidden hoops they're making people jump through.

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by John McCoy View Post
    Interestingly, perhaps, I can easily find the link to the forums if I DON'T sign in to my FTDNA account. (It's at the bottom of the main FTDNA web page.) However, if I have already signed in, the ink isn't in the same obvious place and it takes a long time to find it. That's a stupid move in web design: Links and features need to be in the same place through as much of the web site as possible, so that visitors are not turned off. When links aren't placed consistently, it feels like the site owner is intentionally irritating us.
    I was having a difficult time getting to the forums to but then realized that after I'm signed on under my name and kit number in the upper right corner is a item that says 'Learning Center'. Click on that and the link appears at the top of the middle of the page.

Leave a comment:

• John McCoy
    replied
    Interestingly, perhaps, I can easily find the link to the forums if I DON'T sign in to my FTDNA account. (It's at the bottom of the main FTDNA web page.) However, if I have already signed in, the ink isn't in the same obvious place and it takes a long time to find it. That's a stupid move in web design: Links and features need to be in the same place through as much of the web site as possible, so that visitors are not turned off. When links aren't placed consistently, it feels like the site owner is intentionally irritating us.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    And yet, the spammers and spoofers can find it!

Leave a comment:

• ewd76
    replied
    The way they hide it , very few people even know the forum is here.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    For last week's inundation of 20+ spam posts, when some days went by and they were still there, I submitted a Customer Support form last Friday to alert them about it. I received a response yesterday morning (quickly considering it was over the weekend). Those spam posts were removed, but I was told that the moderation team was stretched a little thin due to the pandemic, and that they are trying to keep things moving.

I flagged the spam posts from yesterday, so we'll see if that helps. I realize others may also have alerted FTDNA about these spam posts, and hope that FTDNA can be more responsive in the future.

Leave a comment:

• SPAM on message boards makes FTDNA look incompenent or worse

SPAM posts have been reported early and often, but they are still found all over these message boards. It is not a matter of rocket science (and besides, FTDNA has actual scientists on its payroll) to route reports of SPAM to a master customer service console and take immediate action to clear them.
Working...
X