Chromosome Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromosome Browser

Has the chromosome browser changed in the last couple days? After selecting, say three or four people and running the report I've always been able to add another person on the actual chromosome page. Now that option isn't available.

Wow! Just checked after reading your comment above - and think you are right. And it had to be very recent.
    Hope it is just a very temporary bug.

Comment

When I choose Chromosome Browser from the Home Page, once I choose some, there is orange box under names chosen that says "Compare Profiles" - click, get comparison, and Orange Box now says "Update Selected Matches" -- and it works as it should --
      But when choose Matches from Home Page, tag some, then choose Chromosome Browser - the Orange Box under the Selected Names says "Update Selected Matches" BUT it does not work as "Update Selected Matches" used to work nor as it does now when one has gone directly to Chromosome Browser from Home Page.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
        Has the chromosome browser changed in the last couple days? After selecting, say three or four people and running the report I've always been able to add another person on the actual chromosome page. Now that option isn't available.
        Yes -- I am experiencing the same thing.

There is a "Select another match to compare" box, but it isn't clickable, so there is no way to add new matches.

This is a major problem and I am very surprised there are not more posts about it.

David
        Last edited by DavidB; 10th December 2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I called last week and was told a bug report would be submitted but so far the problem is still there.

David

Comment

Same thing here. Nothing has been corrected.

Comment

When you submit a Ticket -- make sure to be clear - problem is when one goes to Matches, selects some profiles, and then chooses to compare them on Chromosome Browser.

It is working correctly if go directly from Home Page to Chromosome Browser.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
                Thanks for this tip -- I would never have thought to try this.

David

Comment

[QUOTE=loobster;n326849]When you submit a Ticket -- make sure to be clear - problem is when one goes to Matches, selects some profiles, and then chooses to compare them on Chromosome Browser./QUOTE]

That is what I told the person I spoke with at FTDNA who submitted the ticket.

David

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
                    When you submit a Ticket -- make sure to be clear - problem is when one goes to Matches, selects some profiles, and then chooses to compare them on Chromosome Browser.

This is not very helpful. If you go directly from the Home Page you don't know who your new matches are. I use the chromosome browser when I have new matches and then want to add others to the match list. Going to the chromosome browser straight from the Home Page does not solve this problem.

Comment

This is not very helpful. If you go directly from the Home Page you don't know who your new matches are. I use the chromosome browser when I have new matches and then want to add others to the match list. Going to the chromosome browser straight from the Home Page does not solve this problem.
                      Actually, as a workaround I have found this invaluable.

One thing that might help you:

When you are on the Home page, are you able to open the chromosome browser in a separate window, still leaving the Home page window open? (I can do this with macOS by using Command + click.)

If so, you can then go to Family Finder Matches and have that page open as well as the chromosome browser.

David

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Yes, that worked but it's a hassle. FT should have just left 'well enough alone'.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Yes, that worked but it's a hassle.
                          It's only a temporary workaround, not a permanent solution, but at least it's something.

I called FTDNA today about something else and also mentioned this problem, which the person I spoke with was able to duplicate.

He thoroughly understood what was happening and said he would make sure it would be given attention.

David

Comment

Is there any update on a fix for this?

Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X