Project members trying to find themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project members trying to find themselves

I am trying to learn this new forum format, so I apologize if this has been asked or answered: I know a clunky way to look for Y Project Members by setting the Page Size for the membership size and doing a FIND for the kit number. My wife is in some mtDNA projects, one of which has over 10 pages of results. The nub of the issue is: if you JOIN a project, is there any way to ever see where you have been placed in the Results? There seems to be no built-in way, and since each Project shows different levels of information, it seems primitive to NOT have a way of seeing your own kit within a Project that you have been accepted for. Am I missing something?

You are not missing anything. Like you said, there is no easy way to know where one of your kits has been placed other than doing a search or asking the admin. The admin would also need to use the browser's find function to locate the person unless they remember where the kit should be.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
      I am trying to learn this new forum format, so I apologize if this has been asked or answered: I know a clunky way to look for Y Project Members by setting the Page Size for the membership size and doing a FIND for the kit number. My wife is in some mtDNA projects, one of which has over 10 pages of results. The nub of the issue is: if you JOIN a project, is there any way to ever see where you have been placed in the Results? There seems to be no built-in way, and since each Project shows different levels of information, it seems primitive to NOT have a way of seeing your own kit within a Project that you have been accepted for. Am I missing something?
      Have you tried changing the page size?

Comment

There is no Page Size adjustment that seems to affect the mtDNA Project results. If one has agreed to allow results to be shown in a Project, it seems that FTDNA should provide a way for one to see if and where they are placed in that Project. Thanks to all for replying.

Comment

When I view www.familytreedna.com/groups/barrett/dna-results and select mtDNA - Results, just above the results chart there is a selection of "RSRS Results" or "CRS Results" and below that is "Page Size" with a little box were you can enter a value. I'm sorry your project doesn't have that. FTDNA does provide it.

Comment

Thanks very much. It seems counterintuitive to have to set it to the total membership, but it worked, and that's what counts!

Comment

Working...
            X