FTDNA New Matches Not Processing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTDNA New Matches Not Processing

Strange. I have not received one match on any of my three FTDNA kits for 5-6 weeks. (I usually receive 1 per week per kit.)

Not sure if this is an impact of different privacy rules. Maybe it's a random coincidence. Thoughts?

I had one match on July 16th, first one in 8 days.

My brother had two matches on July 16th, first ones in 13 days.

Summer slowdown or ???

Comment

I have 17 matches total for July 16 & 17.

Comment

Confirmed with FTDNA that they are working through their pipeline management process on their servers, which is contributing to the delays. They will have it resolved next week.

Also, they mentioned that due to new privacy default settings, new matches will NOT appear if people don't opt in when they join. Interesting and unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by carski View Post
          Confirmed with FTDNA that they are working through their pipeline management process on their servers, which is contributing to the delays. They will have it resolved next week.

Also, they mentioned that due to new privacy default settings, new matches will NOT appear if people don't opt in when they join. Interesting and unfortunate.
          The situation of matches not appearing when they haven't opted in (meaning, they have not signed the Release Form) is something FTDNA has done well before the new privacy settings came into effect, so it's not a new thing. Perhaps they're just being extra diligent about it now, and making sure no unsigned Release forms slip past them.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            The situation of matches not appearing when they haven't opted in (meaning, they have not signed the Release Form) is something FTDNA has done well before the new privacy settings came into effect, so it's not a new thing. Perhaps they're just being extra diligent about it now, and making sure no unsigned Release forms slip past them.
            This is different and beyond the release form. The change is in response to the GDPR compliance standards put in place and redefining their default settings.

Comment

It's now the beginning of Sept 2018 and both my brother and I have had 70 matches since Aug 1, 2018. But we come from early American settler stock on both sides and from mostly farm families that had really large numbers of children born and living to adulthood.

It's interesting that in this time frame we have had an identical number of matches for each of our tests. He usually get more matches than I do. And I don't know why that is.
              Last edited by keigh; 3rd September 2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X