Matches taking a long time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matches taking a long time!

When I loaded my Ancestry file and the ones for my husband and daughter, they only took a few hours to process so matches could be seen. It was well within the 24 hours mark of uploading them. I uploaded my son's in the wee hours of the 16th... probably right after midnight on the 15th... and they still aren't done. I submitted a support request early yesterday and haven't heard anything back. Is this typical? It doesn't look like there is a place to check on a support "call" to see the status of that either.. or have I missed where it is at? Maybe I'm being too impatient?

Thanks!

You should receive a confirmation email ("Request Received"), indicating that Customer Support received your request. It will include a ticket number ("Request ID") for you to use in further correspondence with Customer Service.

The time for an actual response depends on the time of year, whether the request was sent on a weekend or holiday, and the volume of requests that Customer Service has to deal with at the time. Generally, in my experience, it has taken about 24-48 hours (during days open for business hours) until you get the confirmation email, then another few days for the actual response. If they are very busy, it may take longer.

Since you submitted your request in the early hours of Saturday, June 16th, it probably wasn't seen until Monday at the earliest. Check your inbox for the confirmation email, as that is what will arrive first.
    Last edited by KATM; 19 June 2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by treehstn View Post
      I uploaded my son's [Ancestry file] in the wee hours of the 16th... and they still aren't done. I submitted a support request early yesterday and haven't heard anything back. Is this typical? It doesn't look like there is a place to check on a support "call" to see the status of that either.. or have I missed where it is at? Maybe I'm being too impatient?
      I find myself in exactly the same situation. I registered with FTDNA and uploaded my Ancestry file sometime on June 16th (not sure what time) and purchased the $19 upgrade to access the extra tools in the early hours of June 17th (the confirmation e-mail arrived at 5:27 AM). Every time I've tried to look at my matches or check MyOrigins since then, I get a message saying "Still processing - check back in 24 hours" or words to that effect.

I also submitted a support request late on June 18th or early on the 19th and a page appeared giving me a ticket number (which unfortunately I didn't write down). There was also a message saying not to submit another request for the same issue, as this would only delay the process. However, I still have not received a confirmation e-mail from Customer Support (and yes, I did provide my e-mail address on the original request).

How long should I wait before trying to contact Customer Support again? Having read the warning, I'm reluctant to do so, but while I know that a ticket number was generated, I don't know if it's being looked at. This is my first contact with FTDNA, so I don't know what to expect.

I'd welcome any advice on this issue - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Cousin View Post

I also submitted a support request late on June 18th or early on the 19th and a page appeared giving me a ticket number (which unfortunately I didn't write down). There was also a message saying not to submit another request for the same issue, as this would only delay the process. However, I still have not received a confirmation e-mail from Customer Support (and yes, I did provide my e-mail address on the original request).

How long should I wait before trying to contact Customer Support again? Having read the warning, I'm reluctant to do so, but while I know that a ticket number was generated, I don't know if it's being looked at. This is my first contact with FTDNA, so I don't know what to expect.

I'd welcome any advice on this issue - thanks!
        It's been less than a day, so give it 24-48 hours to receive the confirmation email for your support request. See if you can retrieve the ticket number somehow in your browser history; otherwise, when they send the confirmation email it should be in it.

Comment

I don't see anywhere on the site that you can use the ticket number for anything anyway... Did I miss it somewhere?

Comment

When you submit a customer service request form, you enter your email address. A confirmation email is sent to you, confirming that they received your request. This is usually sent within 24-48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays. It will include a "Request ID" number (sometimes called a support ticket number), to be used if/when you need to contact them about the same issue.

So, when the follow-up email addressing your issue is sent to you, after the confirmation email (usually from one to a few days later, although sometimes longer when they are very busy), you can use that Request ID number when replying to them, if needed.

Comment

Here's what I just received from customer support:

"Thank you for your email to Family Tree DNA, and I apologize for the matches section indicating that they are still processing. We noticed an issue with some transfer files like yours where the file was uploaded successfully but for some reason is stuck in the processing stage to get these matches to appear. Our IT department is currently working on trying to resolve this issue as soon as possible, and once it is fixed the 24 hour message will no longer show on the account. Unfortunately I do not have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved at this time."

Comment

The file just now finished being processed!

Comment

Glad to hear both that you got a reply from Customer Service, and now have received your matches.

Comment

Working...
                  X