DNA Projects and lack of communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conat View Post
    Also keep in mind that the admins are unpaid volunteers and may have to prioritise other things in their life from time to time. They may also get ill, die, etc. and the GDPR fall out from the World Families site suggested a number of them are orphans in need of more help. If the project seems dead it might be worth contacting the admins and asking about it.

Equally, with GDPR the admins are hamstrung if people don't update their settings. Equally projects do rely on people joining and getting advice on what tests to take first.

So there are numerous reasons a project may go quiet.
    I've heard this excuse voiced many times on all the GG sites:

"If they don't respond, they are probably dead".

IMO, if anyone doesn't respond, there's a reason why. But it usually isn't death.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpathian View Post
      IMO, if anyone doesn't respond, there's a reason why. But it usually isn't death.
      IYO what is the usual cause?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
        IYO what is the usual cause?
        Could be anything. There is no usual cause. I'm only saying that death is probably at the bottom of the list of causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpathian View Post
          Could be anything. There is no usual cause. I'm only saying that death is probably at the bottom of the list of causes.
          A warning: today.

In a couple of years, death would be the primary cause.

Mr. W.

Comment

So far, two of the folks I talked into testing are now deceased.
            As is a suggested 4th-Remote cousin to me who had responded with valuable records and info when I contacted him about an Ancestral surname matching one of mine.

Comment

Working...
            X