What's going on, no processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on, no processing?

I administer thirteen kits. Some are under other email addresses. There have been no new matches in a week since 3/14.

What's going on?

If these are autosomal kits it appears FTDNA's "autosomal pipeline" is down. It won't be running until possibly next week.

Comment

More info at: https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....ntil-Next-Week

Comment

Originally posted by KSperling View Post
        I wonder too. I hope FTDNA is not converting Family Finder to use the new chip.

Jack

Comment

FTDNA will change to the GSA chip soon. I know I read somewhere that it would be in the first half, if not sooner, of this year; so, just a couple of months from now. They are planning to get a customized version, to retain as many SNPs as possible for genealogy matching. I haven't found the article where I saw that mentioned, though. But I don't think changing chips is what is causing the current delays.

The Anthrogenica post mentioned that
          • "The autosomal pipeline is down for maintenance right now, has been for a few days. It will probably not be back up until early next week." So, there is the projected timeline for the delay to be over. "Maintenance" could mean a change to a new chip, except the post goes on to say:
          • FTDNA staff had been affected by a "bug," i.e. an illness, that some employees had picked up while attending RootsTech (1st week of March). It's possible that it has spread through the FTDNA staff enough to affect the overall workflow.

It seems like a temporary delay for now, and once the staff is back at full force, processing of kits should return to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            FTDNA will change to the GSA chip soon. I know I read somewhere that it would be in the first half, if not sooner, of this year; so, just a couple of months from now. They are planning to get a customized version, to retain as many SNPs as possible for genealogy matching. I haven't found the article where I saw that mentioned, though. But I don't think changing chips is what is causing the current delays.
            I appreciate that information. I have had a real hunger to find out what is going on. I hope that is actual SNP's which you are talking about. I understand giving up some that have proven not to do much, but I am hoping that FTDNA can keep the number of SNP's for genealogical matching close to what it has now.

Jack

Comment

[QUOTE=KATM;449897]
              [*]FTDNA staff had been affected by a "bug," i.e. an illness, that some employees had picked up while attending RootsTech (1st week of March). It's possible that it has spread through the FTDNA staff enough to affect the overall workflow.[/LIST]

The author of this blog has been sick since Rootstech.
              http://www.geneamusings.com/2018/03/...arch-2018.html
              From what I hearing from the Northern Hemisphere I've decided to have the seasonal influenza vaccine this year.

Comment

Movement!

Just checked both my dad's and my accounts, and we finally have some new autosomal matches dated today. So that looks like good news.

On the downside, it looks like my mom's autosomal results haven't quite finished processing - I'm being given a pending message when I try to download the raw data, and 0 autosomal matches are coming up for her. But hey, progress...

Comment

Got e-mails of Close Matches for 10 of the Kits I manage - so apparently the log-jam may have broken.

Comment

Not so...

My matches stopped coming on the 14th. Got 6 on the 21st...and haven't gotten anything since on FamilyFinder. No response from Familytree. Anyone else?

Comment

No new matches since the 21st.

Comment

That is the last date for me too-we will get a sudden rush

Comment

Down for maintainance again 3/28/18

Trying to get into My Origins...no can do

Comment

Originally posted by Miamio View Post
                            Trying to get into My Origins...no can do
                            My Origins are working. However, Shared Origins are not loading at this moment in a couple accounts I have just tested.

Mr. W.

P.S.
                            If an older browser is used the Ethnic Makeup Percentage would not load. One has to update her or his browser.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
                              FTDNA will change to the GSA chip soon. I know I read somewhere that it would be in the first half, if not sooner, of this year; so, just a couple of months from now. They are planning to get a customized version, to retain as many SNPs as possible for genealogy matching. I haven't found the article where I saw that mentioned, though.
                              To update my earlier post in this thread (in case anyone is interested), I've now found the two pages where I saw the mention of FTDNA changing to a GSA chip. Both are reports by attendees of FTDNA's "13th International Genetic Genealogy Conference," on 10-12 Nov. 2017.
                              • One page was a report by Jennifer Zinck, who wrote reports for the Saturday and Sunday sessions. There is a lot of text on her pages, so to go to the pertinent section in the page linked above, use the "Find" feature of your browser and type either "GSA Array" or "Q&A by Bennett." She put her notes online without editing, so I've added "Q" and "A" in bold to the original text, and bolded the questions, to make it more clear which are the questions and answers (words are the same):
                                Q: Will Illumina eventually force FTDNA to switch to GSA Array?
                                A: Yes. They are going to switch to a customized array.
                                Q: Will FTNDA switch and if so, when? What are the plans to match to current Omni Express?
                                A: Because they are saying they want FTDNA to do this, it’s going to happen in about 5-6 months. When it comes to how to accurately match back and forth, they’ve got some concessions. They can modify the GSA for more backwards compatibility and more than double the amount of matching content.
                              • A similar report came from Louis Kessler, the creator of Behold Genealogy, a genealogy program for Windows. He posted about the chip change near the end of his post on "FTDNA’s 13th International Genetic Genealogy Conf Day 3":
                                The Illumina chip switch will happen in 5 to 6 months, but Illumina made some concessions to FTDNA and mods will make for better backwards compatibility and better matching.

5-6 months from mid-November 2017 would be about mid-April to mid-May, if that estimate is still valid.

Both reports, and the reports from the other days, provide interesting information from the FTDNA conference in November, and are worth reading.
                              Last edited by KATM; 28 March 2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X