Tree search not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree search not working

Trying to locate certain surnames in trees. First I tried several surnames listed on the persons surname list and it said nothing found. So then I put in some surnames that were obvious right in front of me in the tree and it said not found for them too. Very frustrating when the tools you pay for are not working.

Where is there a tree search?

The search on the DNA match page does not search trees. It should, but it does not. Part of the limited functionality here at FTDNA.

The search bar that was at the top left disappeared a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by timetraveler View Post
      Trying to locate certain surnames in trees. First I tried several surnames listed on the persons surname list and it said nothing found. So then I put in some surnames that were obvious right in front of me in the tree and it said not found for them too. Very frustrating when the tools you pay for are not working.
      It worked for me a couple of days ago, and it's working for me right now Sometimes I can't find a surname from the person's surname list in the tree - but a visual search doesn't bring it up either. In that case maybe the surname list was manually created after a Gedcom was loaded ... or maybe the tree was manually created as well and the name omitted.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbirk View Post
        Not sure what happened to my first reply to this a couple of hours ago ... I saw it posted, then it disappeared

Tree search is on the tree page. My screen shows it in the middle of the single-level white bar just above the tree; if the white bar has two levels then it's at the right on the top level. (The black bar with the Dashboard arrow and your name + kit number is directly above the white bar/s.)

The search box has a stunted magnifying glass and the words "Search a name or location". Type in the name or location - it immediately starts searching (you don't even have to hit enter).

Comment

Originally posted by jimbirk View Post

The search on the DNA match page does not search trees. It should, but it does not. Part of the limited functionality here at FTDNA.

The search bar that was at the top left disappeared a few days ago.
          ------------
          Not on the matches pages. If you go into people's trees there is a search box where you can input a surname to get a list of people with that surname.

Comment

Working...
          X