X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA145
    replied
    Originally posted by Miamio View Post
    I have done the admixture,population finder,etc several times using Jewish.
    Eurogenes. Every single one comes out large percentages Western/ Eastern Med. One has Italian Jewish. Even using the other catagories besides Eurogenes, The Sefardic Migrations group here is great.I have been given lists of likely matches,all Sefardic and delving into those further.I have probably tried all the calculations with GedMatch.Poland and Russia should not be Mediterranean.One Population has equal Ashkenazie and Italian Jew.
    That admixture tool is for very old and deep heritage. It is *not* recent or in the time frame of documentation.

Leave a comment:

• Miamio
    replied
    Ashkenazie/Sefardic dilemna

I have done the admixture,population finder,etc several times using Jewish.
    Eurogenes. Every single one comes out large percentages Western/ Eastern Med. One has Italian Jewish. Even using the other catagories besides Eurogenes, The Sefardic Migrations group here is great.I have been given lists of likely matches,all Sefardic and delving into those further.I have probably tried all the calculations with GedMatch.Poland and Russia should not be Mediterranean.One Population has equal Ashkenazie and Italian Jew.
    . I am now going to have the project do a consulataion in depth.
    The surname I am going by is indeed Sefardic and on their list.I have one great grandfather with this possible ethnicity,whichhas Been pondered for several years. Why the Mediterranean is so high is anyone’s guess.MH has not gotten back to me as far as matches.The batch is still processing.
    FTDNA and MH percentages are wrong,compared to GedMatch,which
    Clearly is way ahead of what they tell.

Leave a comment:

• RebeccaR
    replied
    For GEDMatch, go to

- Admixture/Oracle with Population Search
    then key in
    - Jew
    and hit enter

It will list about 50 different Jewish populations and which project to test your DNA kit to see them.

See which one you come closest to in distance.

There is also a spreadsheet with different populations but not all the Jewish populations are listed.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...82Hcf/pubhtml#

Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• DNA145
    replied
    Originally posted by Miamio View Post
    I tested with autosomal here last year..I have documented info that goes back to my third gt gmother.There are literally hundreds of matches.
    I uploaded to Ged com and My Heritage.All my results have me as high 90
    Percentile Ashekenazie,but also percentages of Mid Eastern,North Africa etc.There is a Sefardic myth about my maternal gt gf.from Italy and the ethnicity shows that area is Southern Europe.He,however spoke Yiddish and documents state He was born in Russia.My paternal line changed names and info all the time. Ged Match is confusing me as to the ethnicities.I understand Jewish Diaspora and history encompassed a lot of places.All four grandparents spoke Yiddish.Not anything mid eastern or Sefardic.None of the names of the many matches appear Sefardic,except for a few in the heat map of My Origins.I have read and reread these sites and it is so complicated.No males to test.Ged Match has made me depressed as it is hard to decipher.My paternal family are very secretive. How do I finally come to a conclusion between these sites as to this ethnicity? Is there someone I can pay to sort it all out? Russia and Poland do nott exist except on the My Origins Diaspora map. There is no other ethnicity outside of Jewish.Can anyone help me? How many generations does all of ths even go back?
    Did FTDNA or My Heritage give you the Sephardic heritage results?
    If you think you're fully Ashkenazi yet see a percentage of Sephardi on your MH results, ignore it. You have that because you are being compared to others who may have that heritage.
    As an example, I don't have any Sephardi heritage but MH says I have over 12%.

Leave a comment:

• Miamio
    started a topic Ashkenazie/Sefardic dilemna

Ashkenazie/Sefardic dilemna

I tested with autosomal here last year..I have documented info that goes back to my third gt gmother.There are literally hundreds of matches.
    I uploaded to Ged com and My Heritage.All my results have me as high 90
    Percentile Ashekenazie,but also percentages of Mid Eastern,North Africa etc.There is a Sefardic myth about my maternal gt gf.from Italy and the ethnicity shows that area is Southern Europe.He,however spoke Yiddish and documents state He was born in Russia.My paternal line changed names and info all the time. Ged Match is confusing me as to the ethnicities.I understand Jewish Diaspora and history encompassed a lot of places.All four grandparents spoke Yiddish.Not anything mid eastern or Sefardic.None of the names of the many matches appear Sefardic,except for a few in the heat map of My Origins.I have read and reread these sites and it is so complicated.No males to test.Ged Match has made me depressed as it is hard to decipher.My paternal family are very secretive. How do I finally come to a conclusion between these sites as to this ethnicity? Is there someone I can pay to sort it all out? Russia and Poland do nott exist except on the My Origins Diaspora map. There is no other ethnicity outside of Jewish.Can anyone help me? How many generations does all of ths even go back?
Working...
X