Where is my raw DNA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my raw DNA ?

Can anyone please tell me how to get my DNA to send to GedMatch. I had my fathers DNA tested some years ago, so I understand that a file has to be built in order to transfer the info. I just cannot find the page, raw DNA links seem to be missing.

PS I have found the yDNA result, but gedmatch says file too small. Do I need to upgrade and if yes to what?
    Last edited by Debra H; 5 January 2018, 07:07 AM.

It Depends

Which DNA test did he have and where was it tested?

You can only upload raw data from FTDNA's Family Finder and 23andMe's and Ancsetry's autosomal test.

You can not upload results from Y-DNA nor mtDNA tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra H View Post
      Can anyone please tell me how to get my DNA to send to GedMatch.
      Try this link Build 36 or 37 Raw Data Concatenated

GedMatch own instruction

Comment

Originally posted by Debra H View Post
        Can anyone please tell me how to get my DNA to send to GedMatch. I had my fathers DNA tested some years ago, so I understand that a file has to be built in order to transfer the info. I just cannot find the page, raw DNA links seem to be missing.

PS I have found the yDNA result, but gedmatch says file too small. Do I need to upgrade and if yes to what?
        Yes, you will have to upgrade as Gedmatch only accepts Autosomal Results.
        Click on your Fathers Upgrade button and choose Family Finder
        Family Finder is the test that Gedmatch accepts. It tests Chromosomes 1 through 22 and the X in the 23rd Chromosome.

FTDNA will run the test on the DNA sample originally submitted. If they do not have enough they will mail out a new collection kit to mailing address listed on kit.
        Last edited by prairielad; 5 January 2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X