xmas rush = delay in results??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmas rush = delay in results??

I ordered a y dna test for my brother on black Friday. He received it and sent it back in around the 10th of December. I have seen nothing to indicate that it has been received, is being batched, is pending... nothing at all! When I did my FF & mtdna it was in spring and summer and (I guess) it was not as busy. I received regular updates - I knew that my original sample was received, batched etc.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same delay or if I need to contact the brass and ask "what the hey!?"

Thanks in advance for responses
    Last edited by Sis65; 3 January 2018, 01:14 PM. Reason: Just checking

Try this, log into his kit (or ask him to do it if he manages it). Click on order history shown on the left side. Then see if the kit has a date for "Received by lab". If it says "Pending", then they haven't received it yet.

Keep in mind that mail sent to FTDNA gets stored in a mail bag and delivered once a week. Whoever has their email address as the primary email on the kit will receive an email when FTDNA received the kit. In the past, mail has at times taken longer while in the Houston sorting facility before reaching the local post office that handles FTDNA's mail.

If this kit was shipped within the US, it came with a tracking number. You could use that to know the status of its whereabouts. If you or your brother forgot to write it down, then no way of knowing.

If he shipped it around the 10th of December within the US, then it should have arrived unless there was a delay in the sorting facility again. International shipping to FTDNA takes longer as far as we have heard from others in these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Sis65 View Post
      I ordered a y dna test for my brother on black Friday. He received it and sent it back in around the 10th of December. I have seen nothing to indicate that it has been received, is being batched, is pending... nothing at all! When I did my FF & mtdna it was in spring and summer and (I guess) it was not as busy. I received regular updates - I knew that my original sample was received, batched etc.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same delay or if I need to contact the brass and ask "what the hey!?"

Thanks in advance for responses
      Contact them.

We ordered a kit that same Friday, and it was mailed back around the 10th.
      Ordered 11/24/2017
      Sent 11/27/2017
      Kit Received 12/20/2017
      ....batched in 814

Comment

Do look first at Order History before contacting them -- if the only problem is that the e-mail announcing it was received went astray, probably not worth taking up their time.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
          Do look first at Order History before contacting them -- if the only problem is that the e-mail announcing it was received went astray, probably not worth taking up their time.
          Right. Order history seems to be the only reliable way to tell if something was received or not - the emails are iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by abuelita View Post
            Right. Order history seems to be the only reliable way to tell if something was received or not - the emails are iffy.
            Only issue is if the order history isn't showing anything. I emailed customer service and still not getting anywhere on fixing my order history to show anything. I emailed them a week after it was ordered stating I hadn't seen it was shipped and magically the next day my order was mailed out. I emailed them trying to tell them that my order history isn't showing correct and to see if they got my order (It was a week and it went from Dallas to Houston) and that magically the next day I get a email stating that they got my kit back. But still just shows on order history that the order was placed and nothing else. No idea what batch I'm in or at this rate if it will even show on my account when the results are in.

Comment

1. I have had tracked, non-FTDNA mail sit in the North Houston Center for several days.

2. They normally batch on Monday and Wednesday. The last two Mondays where what?

3. If they receive a kit on Thursday it will not be batched until Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                2. They normally batch on Monday and Wednesday. The last two Mondays where what?
                Both these Mondays being a public holiday hasn't stopped FTDNA from batching. One kit I manage was batched for FF on Christmas day; another was batched for FF on New Year's day. Both were from pre-existing samples.

Comment

I live close enough to Houston that my mail gets there the next day. My Family Finder kit took 10 days (11.6 to 11.16) after I mailed it to show up as received. I sent mine before the holiday rush. It took a total of 31 days from the moment I clicked to order the kit (11.2.2017) until my results were posted (12.3.2017).

Comment

Working...
                  X