Hoping to get 111 marker upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping to get 111 marker upgrade

My cousin's kit says "Pending" regarding its receipt by the lab and it does not have a Batch Number. However, I suspect that the lab has it because on Tuesday a note came up when I signed in for him that FTDNA did not have his release to share his results. We were given the option to sign the release electronically, which we did immediately and then we could proceed to his homepage. I would like to take advantage of the free upgrade to 111 markers by ordering Big Y for him before the sale ends. Does anyone have thoughts about whether the lab does have his kit and if I might be able to get the free upgrade without a Batch Number? Thanks!

As long as the Big Y was ordered during the sale (before January 1) you should be fine even with no batch order. It may be added a week or two later due to orders ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy View Post
      My cousin's kit says "Pending" regarding its receipt by the lab and it does not have a Batch Number. Thanks!
      As long as you can sign into his myFTDNA website you can use the "Upgrade" button to add additional test. You must have Y-DNA37 or higher ordered before ordering Big Y to get the free upgrade to Y-DNA111.

You will not see the Y-DNA111 upgrade until several days after they batch the Big Y test.

Comment

Thank you, Contemplator and Jim. I will order Big Y for him today and see what happens. Several weeks ago, I heard that you would get the upgrade even with only 12 markers so I only ordered 12. Sounds like I'll have to be aware that I may not get the upgrade due to ordering too few markers to start. If nothing else, I can get the Big Y sale price plus a coupon of some value. Thanks again for the help and Happy New Year to you both!

Comment

Try it. If you don't get the 111 bonus added to your big Y within a few days contact them (good luck - that's iffy for some of us). I don't remember any provision that you had to order starting at 37 or greater. Just somewhere. But I can't find the notice.

But --- be sure you also use a really good coupon. Some of the Y project managers can help you with that. But if you can't get him into a project with a really active administrator, pick up a coupon here... tinyurl.com/y99dnt4g In any case the big Y needs to be ordered this weekend.

Oh "During the holiday sale which started last weekend, any customer who purchases the Big Y will receive a free upgrade to Y 111 from any level STR test..... you can place a Y DNA test for any level and then go in and order a Big Y test, using any coupons." Quoting from here.https://dna-explained.com/2017/11/15...mily-tree-dna/

Comment

Thank you, Abuelita -- that looks like what I remember seeing. I just went to my cousin's home page and clicked on Upgrade, but Big Y does not appear as an option. (His Received by Lab line still shows as Pending.) Maybe I have to add Big Y through some other means than the Upgrade button?

Comment

I wonder if, as Jim suggested, I have to upgrade to 37 markers before Big Y will appear as an option?

Comment

In the past few minutes, his kit shows that it was received by the lab, so that's movement in the right direction. Just need to get that Big Y upgrade going now!

Comment

Cathy, if you are still unable to order via the "Upgrade" button, as a last resort you could phone FTDNA to place your order for Big Y.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help! I did end up calling customer service and the rep added Big Y to my cousin's Upgrade options page. I was able to order it for him and even able to use a $75 off coupon. Will wait and see if the 111-marker upgrade shows up and if not, will call again to see if it can be added. I feel very fortunate to be able to take advantage of the sale before it ended! Thanks again for all your good advice!

Comment

Yes! 111-marker upgrade showing up along with Big Y on his order page!

Comment

Not that it matters now, just for future reference. The Big Y does not become an option in the cart until after an STR test (Y12 to Y111) has been batched. Batching takes place Mondays and Wednesdays. The kit has to be received before batching takes place. FTDNA appears to receive kits once a week more or less. So it is a good thing you called. Because that kit was going to be batched Monday at the earliest which is after the sale has ended. As you saw, you get the Y111 upgrade even if you had ordered a Y12.

The Y37 was only a minimum requirement for getting the special email discount for Big Y tested kits who weren't upgraded to Y111 yet. These Big Y kits would be anyone who had ordered the Big Y anytime before this sale. That expires on Dec 31 as well.

Comment

I’ve got a Big Y pending since Jan 1st that I bought during the sale but nothing for the Y111. I have sent a request ticket to FTDNA on Dec 31st because I had another question. I have heard nothing back about that ticket, 6 days and no response.

Comment

Working...
                          X