Match notifications to nowhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match notifications to nowhere

I've received two notifications of a match to my uncle's Y-DNA, but when I select/click on the notification, it takes me to my (his) matches. They're the same matches which have been listed for over a year and there doesn't appear to be any way of telling which one is trying to make contact.
    I had my uncle's email addy on the account file and he has gotten an email from the person trying to contact us but is unable to forward it to me. I have since changed the email to mine.
    Why does FTDNA show me notifications but not link to the actual account/person? Am I missing something?

Originally posted by toast View Post
    I've received two notifications of a match to my uncle's Y-DNA, but when I select/click on the notification, it takes me to my (his) matches. They're the same matches which have been listed for over a year and there doesn't appear to be any way of telling which one is trying to make contact.
    I had my uncle's email addy on the account file and he has gotten an email from the person trying to contact us but is unable to forward it to me. I have since changed the email to mine.
    Why does FTDNA show me notifications but not link to the actual account/person? Am I missing something?
    1] FTDNA sends notifications of new matches - it has nothing at all to do with anyone trying to contact you.

2] Click on the Column Heading "Match Date" to have the matches sorted by Match Date - that way you can easily see what the new ones are that triggered the announcement of a match. (Altho - sometimes it seems as if the announcement comes before the match has been added, so if nothing recent shows there, perhaps try again in a day or two)

3] Does your uncle still have the e-mail from the person trying to contact him in his e-mail account? If so - maybe a) you can talk him thru how to forward it to you and/or b) perhaps he can read it to you, including the person's e-mail.

FTDNA has nothing to do with attempts by folks on FTDNA to contact one another. For some of the sites, you go thru their system. For FTDNA folks contact directly, and FTDNA has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Working...
    X