FTDNA Doesn't Sign for Deliveries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTDNA Doesn't Sign for Deliveries?

Hi - I've been tracking my kit I have sent to FTDNA on the shippers website (USPS). Up till today, the message has been "In transit".

Today USPS showed this message (see below). Given the recent holiday sale, I'm sure my sample was not the only sample the USPS attempted to deliver today. I'm not sure if this is 'standard' procedure for FTDNA, meaning they don't sign for deliveries and then go back to the post office to pick up items? Or do they just wait till USPS decides to 'return to sender' - which (BTW) is the same FTDNA address - since it was the pre-paid, pre-address envelope provide in the original kit. So not quite sure what to do - any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chico -

-------USPS Web Site-------
    We attempted to deliver your item at 3:17 pm on December 13, 2017 in HOUSTON, TX 77008 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by using the Schedule a Redelivery feature on this page or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice beginning December 14, 2017. If this item is unclaimed by December 28, 2017 then it will be returned to sender.
    Status
    Delivery Attempt: Action Needed
    December 13, 2017 at 3:17 pm
    NOTICE LEFT (NO AUTHORIZED RECIPIENT AVAILABLE)
    HOUSTON, TX 77008

Originally posted by Chico View Post
    We attempted to deliver your item at 3:17 pm on December 13, 2017 in HOUSTON, TX 77008 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by using the Schedule a Redelivery feature on this page or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice beginning December 14, 2017. If this item is unclaimed by December 28, 2017 then it will be returned to sender.
    Status
    Delivery Attempt: Action Needed
    December 13, 2017 at 3:17 pm
    NOTICE LEFT (NO AUTHORIZED RECIPIENT AVAILABLE)
    HOUSTON, TX 77008
    I've got the same message when sending one of my kits. It's only "attempt". A few days later delivery was confirmed by tracking system. Sometimes it looks like "Left with individual" notice, sometimes just "Delivered".

Comment

Working...
    X