Kit still not received despite delivery confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit still not received despite delivery confirmation

My kit was delivered to FTDNA on Monday according to the USPS tracking system, yet the company still has not checked it in. Why is that? I can't believe it could get lost.

I wouldn't worry. When the tracking indicates it has been delivered, it really means the kit has been placed in the mail bag in the post office that goes to FTDNA once a week. FTDNA gets a lot of mail so the post office has a different way of dealing with it. Given that the holiday sale is going on, there could be a surge or new kits coming in as well. Check back on Monday to see if it has been marked as received by the lab. After it is checked in, it gets batched either on Monday or Wednesday.

Comment

So the chance of it being lost somehow is pretty small? I'd love to hope so.

Comment

If it got lost, the tracking wouldn't indicate it got delivered. You will be fine. Check back on it on Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
          If it got lost, the tracking wouldn't indicate it got delivered. You will be fine. Check back on it on Monday or Tuesday.
          Thank you. The tracking site clearly says it was delivered on Monday.

Comment

Alexy, please re-read The_Contemplator's post #2 above. The tracking is reporting that your kit was delivered, but the way that the Houston P.O. handles FTDNA's mail, what that really means is that your kit has been "delivered" to a bag for FTDNA in the post office; it does not mean that the Houston P.O. delivered that bag to FTDNA.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
              Alexy, please re-read The_Contemplator's post #2 above. The tracking is reporting that your kit was delivered, but the way that the Houston P.O. handles FTDNA's mail, what that really means is that your kit has been "delivered" to a bag for FTDNA in the post office; it does not mean that the Houston P.O. delivered that bag to FTDNA.
              Alright, I see. I will post here next Monday whether it is marked as received or not.

Comment

Try to wait until the end of the day Monday (U.S. Central time) to check, or check on Tuesday morning.

Comment

Now it says in my account that the kit has been received by the lab today. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Good! It should be batched in the coming week, with any luck on Monday. Then the wait begins.

Comment

Working...
                    X