• M123
    replied
    12.08. the results are ready! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tidely
    replied
    Originally posted by M123 View Post
    Congratulations! My result is not ready yet
    Thanks! As you are 1198 and 1199 hopefully your results should be in the next week or so.

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied
    Congratulations! My result is not ready yet

Leave a comment:

• tidely
    replied
    Thanks for the information!
    They could at least inform customers of the delay. Or write a notification about the change in terms in the profile.

Currently there is a delay only for Y tests:

"As of July 28, 2021, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
    Y-DNA – 6 to 8 weeks
    Big Y – 8 to 10 weeks

Once we receive your DNA sample, we send your sample directly to the lab for processing. You will also receive a notice of receipt via the email address associated with your account.

Processing times vary depending upon the test(s) ordered.

Typical result processing times are as follows:

Family Finder – 2 to 4 weeks
    mtFull Sequence – 6 to 8 weeks
    Y-DNA (excluding Big Y) – 3 to 6 weeks
    Big Y-700 – 6 to 10 weeks
    SNP Packs – 6 to 8 weeks
    Individual SNPs – 6 to 8 weeks
    Factoids – 6 to 8 weeks
    CCR5 – 6 to 8 weeks
    D9S919 – 6 to 8 weeks".
    Result (on batch 1197) came in yesterday, 30th July.

Leave a comment:

• tidely
    replied
    They could at least inform customers of the delay. Or write a notification about the change in terms in the profile.

"As of July 28, 2021, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
    Y-DNA – 6 to 8 weeks
    Big Y – 8 to 10 weeks

Once we receive your DNA sample, we send your sample directly to the lab for processing. You will also receive a notice of receipt via the email address associated with your account.

SNP Packs – 6 to 8 weeks
    Factoids – 6 to 8 weeks
    CCR5 – 6 to 8 weeks
    D9S919 – 6 to 8 weeks".
    I checked my email again, and their exact wording was "Unfortunately, our lab is experiencing a general delay in testing at this time. Your results may take up to an additional month to be posted to the website.". I agree it doesn't seem they have updated the website to reflect this information, maybe mtdna are only a very small proportion of their tests and they forgot to update the info for this one in particular??

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied

Y-DNA – 6 to 8 weeks
    Big Y – 8 to 10 weeks

SNP Packs – 6 to 8 weeks
    Factoids – 6 to 8 weeks
    CCR5 – 6 to 8 weeks
    D9S919 – 6 to 8 weeks".
    Last edited by M123; 28 July 2021, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tidely
    replied
    Today is 8 weeks after the sample was delivered to the laboratory. I keep on waiting.
    I hope they succeed. I send rays of support.
    I had a quick response to my support enquiry. She said that there is unfortunately a delay in all testing - she didn't say why specifically but I think we can assume it is because of the virus. So there is an expected one month extra wait for MT DNA tests at the moment. So we all need patience.

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied
    Today is 8 weeks after the sample was delivered to the laboratory. I keep on waiting.
    I hope they succeed. I send rays of support.
    Last edited by M123; 28 July 2021, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tidely
    replied

I know that some samples from May 24 (1197 batch) are ready on 06/18. Samples of mtDNA from 31.05 (1199) were ready around 7.07.
    Have you asked help center?
    Oh, I didn't realise there might be a problem Thanks for telling me, I will contact them then.

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied
    Originally posted by tidely View Post
    I am 1197 which was batched on May 24th, no results yet. I understand there may be delays due to the virus situation, it will be 10 weeks on Monday.
    I know that some samples from May 24 (1197 batch) are ready on 06/18. Samples of mtDNA from 31.05 (1199) were ready around 7.07.
    Have you asked help center?

Leave a comment:

• tidely
    replied
    Hello. Anyone got the results that were put into the batch (1198,1199?) on June 2 and 7?
    I am 1197 which was batched on May 24th, no results yet. I understand there may be delays due to the virus situation, it will be 10 weeks on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied
    7 weeks. Hopefully there will be a result soon.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    M123, you suffer from the same problem many of the rest of us do - lack of patience waiting for our DNA results.

Some mtDNA results may come in earlier (maybe the lab was having a wonderful week), but FTDNA says that typical result processing times for mtDNA Full Sequence is 6 to 8 weeks, and that
    Pending dates are an estimate only and subject to lab volume and quality control.
    As Jim Barrett wrote, he saw on his project Admin page an estimate of 5-7 weeks. You are at 6 weeks, and usually it seems that when we are at our wit's end with waiting, (figuratively) tearing our hair out, and think we can't stand the wait any more, the results come in soon afterward. Your results should show up in the next couple of weeks.

Hang in there!

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied
    • mtDNA results typically take 6 to 8 weeks
    But I asked and found out that many users get results faster.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    On the Admin home page they report mtDNA is taking 5-7 weeks. Of course if they have a problem with your test it will take longer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X