Current mtDNA batch #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M123 View Post
    But the person who wrote above got the result from the same batch. It is possible that the sequencing of my sample has failed. I don't want eppendorf with my sample to be put off and lost among other samples in the lab's freezer.
    I see. If you don't get results this week, you can always contact FTDNA Customer Support using the link at the top right of these Forum pages. They should be able to check on your kit with the lab, to see if there are any problems, or if it is still in process.

Comment

• I received a response from the support team. The sample did not pass the DNA quality test. At the same time, in 2015 it was successfully tested. They sent me a new set.

Comment

• Originally posted by M123 View Post
        I received a response from the support team. The sample did not pass the DNA quality test. At the same time, in 2015 it was successfully tested. They sent me a new set.
        I'm glad you called and found out the reason. Sometimes a sample is good for one or two tests, but insufficient for testing later. It's unfortunate that happened in your case, but at least now you can give a new, fresh sample. Make sure you follow the DNA Test Kit Instructions in the FTDNA Learning Center for best results. There are videos and step-by-step instructions on that page, but I made a post earlier this year pointing out some other considerations.

Comment

• Dumb question, what does it actually mean when they say it has been "batched"? It already has a kit number so what is the 'batching process? Is it just another number or is there more to it?

Comment

• You kit has been put into a group (batched) of other kits for current processing. Each time you order an additional test for your sample it will be removed from storage and batched with a group of other new orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
              You kit has been put into a group (batched) of other kits for current processing. Each time you order an additional test for your sample it will be removed from storage and batched with a group of other new orders.
              Ah ok so it is nothing fancy then. I thought maybe they checked the sample was viable or something. Thank you, I don't believe there are anymore tests available for me,I'm female so autosomal & mtDNA are all I can do

Comment

• Full Sequence mtDNA ordered: 02/16/2021
                Batch # 1170
                Batched: 02/17/2021
                Expected:03/31/2021 - 04/14/202

Comment

Working...
                X