Current mtDNA batch #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M123 View Post
    But the person who wrote above got the result from the same batch. It is possible that the sequencing of my sample has failed. I don't want eppendorf with my sample to be put off and lost among other samples in the lab's freezer.
    I see. If you don't get results this week, you can always contact FTDNA Customer Support using the link at the top right of these Forum pages. They should be able to check on your kit with the lab, to see if there are any problems, or if it is still in process.

Comment

• I received a response from the support team. The sample did not pass the DNA quality test. At the same time, in 2015 it was successfully tested. They sent me a new set.

Comment

• Originally posted by M123 View Post
        I received a response from the support team. The sample did not pass the DNA quality test. At the same time, in 2015 it was successfully tested. They sent me a new set.
        I'm glad you called and found out the reason. Sometimes a sample is good for one or two tests, but insufficient for testing later. It's unfortunate that happened in your case, but at least now you can give a new, fresh sample. Make sure you follow the DNA Test Kit Instructions in the FTDNA Learning Center for best results. There are videos and step-by-step instructions on that page, but I made a post earlier this year pointing out some other considerations.

Comment

• Dumb question, what does it actually mean when they say it has been "batched"? It already has a kit number so what is the 'batching process? Is it just another number or is there more to it?

Comment

• You kit has been put into a group (batched) of other kits for current processing. Each time you order an additional test for your sample it will be removed from storage and batched with a group of other new orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
              You kit has been put into a group (batched) of other kits for current processing. Each time you order an additional test for your sample it will be removed from storage and batched with a group of other new orders.
              Ah ok so it is nothing fancy then. I thought maybe they checked the sample was viable or something. Thank you, I don't believe there are anymore tests available for me,I'm female so autosomal & mtDNA are all I can do

Comment

• Full Sequence mtDNA ordered: 02/16/2021
                Batch # 1170
                Batched: 02/17/2021
                Expected:03/31/2021 - 04/14/202

Comment

• On June 2, my kit arrived at the laboratory for MitoDNA research. The batch number has not yet been given.

Comment

• Sign into your kit. Hover over your name and click on 'Order History' in the drop down list. This should display 'Kit Ordered' and a date, 'Kit Sent' and a date, 'Kit Received' and a date. This will be followed by a lit of the different test you have ordered. For example: 'mtFull Sequence', 'Ordered', followed by a date, followed by a batch number if it has been batched; 'mtFull Sequence', 'Batched', followed by a date, followed by a batch number if it has been batched and 'mtFull Sequence', 'Completed' followed by a date once completed, followed by a batch number if it has been batched. If your kit has not been batched more that a week after the date received you should contact support. There is a link at the top of this page.

Comment

• Only that:
                      mtFull Sequence Ordered 11/06/2020 1141
                      mtFull Sequence Batched 11/09/2020 1141
                      mtFull Sequence Completed 1141

First time our kit was failed, because was DNA quality problem (first analysis was 2014). Then the laboratory sent us a new set. We sent a buccal scraping and it arrived at the lab on June 2nd. From this moment on, informational silence.
                      I already contacted support. No answer. Informational silence

Comment

• Did FTDNA show that the new sample had been delivered on June 2nd, or are you basing this date on tracking from the USPS?
                        I ask because in the past, sometimes the USPS would show delivery to FTDNA, when a package was still at the Houston P.O. This used to happen because the Houston P.O. would wait until mailbags were full (of FTDNA packages/mail) until they would actually deliver them to FTDNA, even though the P.O. had checked them in as "delivered." I'm not sure if this is still a problem or not.

Customer Support should have sent you a confirmation email that they received your request. Sometimes it will take two or three days to send an actual reply addressing your question, especially over a weekend. At least, this has been my experience.

Comment

• 3 June:

"
                          Request ID: 1246810
                          Hi Maria,

Thank you for contacting FamilyTreeDNA.

I can confirm that we received your samples yesterday.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

"

Comment

• Hmm, that reply doesn't seem to address why you have no batch number yet. You can reply using the same Request ID and ask when you will get a batch number.

Comment

• Hello. Anyone got the results that were put into the batch (1198,1199?) on June 2 and 7?

Comment

• Mine from 1191 was completed in 15 days. I know this won't help you, but it seems unusual that it takes so long. I hope you've got it by now.
                                mtFull Sequence Batched 05/03/2021 1191
                                mtFull Sequence Completed 05/18/2021 1191
                                Last edited by Outis; 6 July 2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X