Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nihilsciens View Post
    How peculiar! My expected date actually moved BACK
    Mine did too and as I contacted their support, they said that there had been an information glitch or bug or something. Pretty soon it was moved once again forwards.

Comment

Still waiting on my initial mtFull results:
      Ordered 04/27/2018 858
      Batched 05/09/2018 858
      Completed Pending 858
      Awaiting results: 07/04/2018 - 07/18/2018

Comment

Batch 857

07/16/2018 - 07/30/2018

Results for your mtDNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.

Comment

07/16/2018 - 07/30/2018

Results for your mtDNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.

Nihilsciens how aggravating! You would think with all of the negative reviews that they would start giving a bit more of a personalized response to delayed results. Have you called customer service? I can’t remember from reading earlier posts, is yours an upgrade or a new mtDNA test? Mine is an initial test with no FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Mww0128 View Post
            Nihilsciens how aggravating! You would think with all of the negative reviews that they would start giving a bit more of a personalized response to delayed results. Have you called customer service? I can’t remember from reading earlier posts, is yours an upgrade or a new mtDNA test? Mine is an initial test with no FF.
            Initial mtFull with previous FF. The FF was done a year ago. I haven't since it's not that much extra wait. I'll survive a week or two, if it persist I might send a mail.

Comment

Initial mtFull with previous FF. The FF was done a year ago. I haven't since it's not that much extra wait. I'll survive a week or two, if it persist I might send a mail.
              And now mine is delayed.. I bought mine during the Mother’s Day sale, so that’s probably why.

Comment

Still waiting for MtDNA upgrade batched on 14 May

Comment

Originally posted by GenP View Post
                  Still waiting for MtDNA upgrade batched on 14 May
                  Still waiting for MtDNA upgrade ordered on March 31...

Comment

And now they have once again market the mtDNA Full sequence test results to be further delayed to 07/23/2018 - 08/06/2018. An upgrade from my old sample, ordered March 31st. That is approaching FOUR months now which I find unacceptable. If they have a problem with the sample, they should contact me and send another kit. For any other reason it just shouldn't take 4 months.

I have contacted their support again. Has anybody been able to cancel a test which they can't fulfill and get a refund?

Comment

Delayed again. Surprise surprise

Comment

FTDNA has a page in the Learning Center, titled "After I return the kit, how long will results take?"
                        As of 6:30 p.m. ET today, it shows:
                        "As of July 4, 2018, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
                        mtDNA – 7 to 9 weeks

Big Y – 10 to 12 weeks"
                        and
                        "Most of our tests typically take 6 to 8 weeks to complete from the time we receive your sample in our lab, except Family Finder, which is usually 4 to 6 weeks and Big Y, which is usually 8 to 10 weeks."
                        I know this is of no consolation to those who have had the dates pushed out again and again, but perhaps for those who ordered the test around the time of the Mother's Day sale, it is currently at the 8 week mark, so those results might be ready soon.

Others, who have had the expected date pushed out numerous times, should contact Customer Support, and note the Request ID number given in the confirmation email. If you then don't hear from them within a week, use that number to contact them again, or phone and refer to the Request ID number. Make sure the address in your account is current, because FTDNA will not contact you to let you know they've mailed a replacement kit (if needed).

Some of you may want to watch the video "The Ideal Life of a Family Tree DNA Kit." There is a post from last year which breaks down the times by topic in the video.

Disclaimer: I am just another customer, not a customer service representative.

Comment

859 results have arrived for me.

Comment

Batch 857

Still waiting for batch 857, what is happening?

Comment

Batch 857 delayed yet again

Still waiting for batch 857, what is happening?
                              Expected: 07/30/2018 - 08/13/2018

Batched: 05/07/2018

Now I'm just getting frustrated

Comment

batch completed

Batch 864

Kit Received 05/29/2018
                                Batched 05/30/2018
                                Completed 07/13/2018

(expected date was 07/11/2018 - 07/25/2018)

While waiting for my results I checked this thread regularly to give me an indication when to expect my results. It helped me to be patient. So it seems fair to share my own info, to help someone else be patient.

Comment

Working...
                                X