• Show
Clear All

mtDNA

Batch 841 got pushed: 5-7-18 to 5-21-18

Comment

Ugh. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Batch 841

Even though the dates got pushed back, I see today that my y-dna is complete & under review. So, with a little luck, the mtDNA results for batch 841 will soon follow.

Comment

Batch 819

mtDNA results pushed back to April 30 - May 14. Submitted/batched on January 3, 2018.

My dad's batch 833, submitted/batched February 12th and he got his in 2 days ago on the 25th.

What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by Nagsalot View Post
            mtDNA results pushed back to April 30 - May 14. Submitted/batched on January 3, 2018.

My dad's batch 833, submitted/batched February 12th and he got his in 2 days ago on the 25th.

What gives?
            I'm sorry your batch is delayed. I'm not sure what's going on with those. Have you heard anything in the last couple of days?

Comment

Yep. There it is. Batch 844 is delayed too. Now the estimated completion date is 05/16/2018 - 05/30/2018.

Comment

Batch 841

Batch 841 pushed to 5-21-18 to 6-04-18....

Comment

Batch 819

now shows pushed back again to estimated May 14 - 28.
                  No idea what's going on there.

Comment

Batch 853

I had an upgrade from Y-12 to Y-37 in Batch 853. Results were originally scheduled for 6/4 or later, then delayed to 6/18 or later. They came back today.

Comment

Well that's exciting news. I have an mtDNA full sequence test in batch 853. The estimated completion date is 6/11/18 to 6/25/18. I won't be disappointed if it doesn't come in soon, but I'm happy that there's a possibility that it will.

Comment

Full Sequence batches 833 and 843

Both batches have been put off numerous times.

Batch 833 was batched on 2-12-18 and batch 843 was batched on 3-19-18.

I have called the last two times they were extended and was told each time the results would be in within a week and that there were no problems. It's now been two months since the first call.

Of course they are busy, but the oldest batches should be completed first.

Comment

Batch 841

My mtDNA was batched 3-12-18, and dates were pushed: 5-21-18 to 6-7-18. As in previous posts from other people, I don’t think the batches are processed in numerical order. My Y-DNA37 & mtDNAplus were in the same batch along with my FamilyFinder. I got my FamilyFinder results on time (4-17-18), but am still waiting for my Y-DNA haplogroup/SNPs to be reviewed (5-3-18).

Comment

Y-DNA and mtDNA take longer than atDNA.

Comment

mtDNA Batch 817

My wife ordered a mtdna test, it was batched 12/29/2017, now we have a new date: 05/21/2018 - 06/04/2018.

Anyone knows when will be the results out?.

Comment

It could literally be any day. It's mostly a matter of when it passes the quality control stage. If the results have no-calls, depending on the test, they'll get more of your sample out to re-test. Then it goes to quality control again. It keeps going until the results are right. I recently heard on these forums that autosomal results are allowed to have up to 4% no-calls but Y and mtDNA are not allowed to have any. That's because SNPs must be read to ensure that the correct haplogroup is assigned.

Comment

Working...
                                X