Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current mtDNA batch #

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Today is July 15th. 6 weeks. The June 2nd batch is still not ready.

    Comment


    • On the Admin home page they report mtDNA is taking 5-7 weeks. Of course if they have a problem with your test it will take longer.

      Comment


        • mtDNA results typically take 6 to 8 weeks
        But I asked and found out that many users get results faster.

        Comment


        • M123, you suffer from the same problem many of the rest of us do - lack of patience waiting for our DNA results.

          Some mtDNA results may come in earlier (maybe the lab was having a wonderful week), but FTDNA says that typical result processing times for mtDNA Full Sequence is 6 to 8 weeks, and that
          Pending dates are an estimate only and subject to lab volume and quality control.
          As Jim Barrett wrote, he saw on his project Admin page an estimate of 5-7 weeks. You are at 6 weeks, and usually it seems that when we are at our wit's end with waiting, (figuratively) tearing our hair out, and think we can't stand the wait any more, the results come in soon afterward. Your results should show up in the next couple of weeks.

          Hang in there!

          Comment


          • 7 weeks. Hopefully there will be a result soon.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by M123 View Post
              Hello. Anyone got the results that were put into the batch (1198,1199?) on June 2 and 7?
              I am 1197 which was batched on May 24th, no results yet. I understand there may be delays due to the virus situation, it will be 10 weeks on Monday.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tidely View Post
                I am 1197 which was batched on May 24th, no results yet. I understand there may be delays due to the virus situation, it will be 10 weeks on Monday.
                I know that some samples from May 24 (1197 batch) are ready on 06/18. Samples of mtDNA from 31.05 (1199) were ready around 7.07.
                Have you asked help center?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M123 View Post

                  I know that some samples from May 24 (1197 batch) are ready on 06/18. Samples of mtDNA from 31.05 (1199) were ready around 7.07.
                  Have you asked help center?
                  Oh, I didn't realise there might be a problem Thanks for telling me, I will contact them then.

                  Comment


                  • Today is 8 weeks after the sample was delivered to the laboratory. I keep on waiting.
                    I hope they succeed. I send rays of support.
                    Last edited by M123; 28 July 2021, 04:01 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M123 View Post
                      Today is 8 weeks after the sample was delivered to the laboratory. I keep on waiting.
                      I hope they succeed. I send rays of support.
                      I had a quick response to my support enquiry. She said that there is unfortunately a delay in all testing - she didn't say why specifically but I think we can assume it is because of the virus. So there is an expected one month extra wait for MT DNA tests at the moment. So we all need patience.

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for the information!
                        They could at least inform customers of the delay. Or write a notification about the change in terms in the profile.

                        Currently there is a delay only for Y tests:

                        "As of July 28, 2021, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
                        Y-DNA – 6 to 8 weeks
                        Big Y – 8 to 10 weeks

                        Once we receive your DNA sample, we send your sample directly to the lab for processing. You will also receive a notice of receipt via the email address associated with your account.

                        Processing times vary depending upon the test(s) ordered.

                        Typical result processing times are as follows:

                        Family Finder – 2 to 4 weeks
                        mtFull Sequence – 6 to 8 weeks
                        Y-DNA (excluding Big Y) – 3 to 6 weeks
                        Big Y-700 – 6 to 10 weeks
                        SNP Packs – 6 to 8 weeks
                        Individual SNPs – 6 to 8 weeks
                        Factoids – 6 to 8 weeks
                        CCR5 – 6 to 8 weeks
                        D9S919 – 6 to 8 weeks".
                        Last edited by M123; 28 July 2021, 02:20 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M123 View Post
                          Thanks for the information!
                          They could at least inform customers of the delay. Or write a notification about the change in terms in the profile.

                          Currently there is a delay only for Y tests:

                          "As of July 28, 2021, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
                          Y-DNA – 6 to 8 weeks
                          Big Y – 8 to 10 weeks

                          Once we receive your DNA sample, we send your sample directly to the lab for processing. You will also receive a notice of receipt via the email address associated with your account.

                          Processing times vary depending upon the test(s) ordered.

                          Typical result processing times are as follows:

                          Family Finder – 2 to 4 weeks
                          mtFull Sequence – 6 to 8 weeks
                          Y-DNA (excluding Big Y) – 3 to 6 weeks
                          Big Y-700 – 6 to 10 weeks
                          SNP Packs – 6 to 8 weeks
                          Individual SNPs – 6 to 8 weeks
                          Factoids – 6 to 8 weeks
                          CCR5 – 6 to 8 weeks
                          D9S919 – 6 to 8 weeks".
                          I checked my email again, and their exact wording was "Unfortunately, our lab is experiencing a general delay in testing at this time. Your results may take up to an additional month to be posted to the website.". I agree it doesn't seem they have updated the website to reflect this information, maybe mtdna are only a very small proportion of their tests and they forgot to update the info for this one in particular??

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M123 View Post
                            Thanks for the information!
                            They could at least inform customers of the delay. Or write a notification about the change in terms in the profile.

                            Currently there is a delay only for Y tests:

                            "As of July 28, 2021, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
                            Y-DNA – 6 to 8 weeks
                            Big Y – 8 to 10 weeks

                            Once we receive your DNA sample, we send your sample directly to the lab for processing. You will also receive a notice of receipt via the email address associated with your account.

                            Processing times vary depending upon the test(s) ordered.

                            Typical result processing times are as follows:

                            Family Finder – 2 to 4 weeks
                            mtFull Sequence – 6 to 8 weeks
                            Y-DNA (excluding Big Y) – 3 to 6 weeks
                            Big Y-700 – 6 to 10 weeks
                            SNP Packs – 6 to 8 weeks
                            Individual SNPs – 6 to 8 weeks
                            Factoids – 6 to 8 weeks
                            CCR5 – 6 to 8 weeks
                            D9S919 – 6 to 8 weeks".
                            Result (on batch 1197) came in yesterday, 30th July.

                            Comment


                            • Congratulations! My result is not ready yet

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by M123 View Post
                                Congratulations! My result is not ready yet
                                Thanks! As you are 1198 and 1199 hopefully your results should be in the next week or so.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X