Problem Transferring from AncestryDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Transferring from AncestryDNA

I've been able to transfer several of our kits from AncestryDNA to FTDNA. But, the last two kits I attempted to transfer failed. Apparently AncestryDNA changed the formatting for it's raw data file, which is not currently compatible with FTDNA: "It looks as though we recently changed the formatting for our raw DNA data, which is why the tests that have been completed recently have the version 2.0 of the download. Unfortunately, we do not have a plan at this time to change this again. Also, we do not support any third party DNA tools, so there would need to be an update to the sites to accept the new file format of our raw DNA data."

Is FTDNA working to update it's systems to enable us to transfer from AncestryDNA again?

I uploaded my Ancestry DNA file on May 31st. My results for "MyOrigins" and "AncientOrigins" still says pending check back in 24hrs. The only results I received were for "Matches" and "Chromosome Browser".

Comment

Originally posted by B198053 View Post
      I uploaded my Ancestry DNA file on May 31st. My results for "MyOrigins" and "AncientOrigins" still says pending check back in 24hrs. The only results I received were for "Matches" and "Chromosome Browser".
      Same (May 31). And it's cool to have those matches and they've been incredibly useful but 24 hours is taking forever.

Comment

Working...
      X