replacement kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement kits

Why would we suddenly get an unexpected replacement kit in the mail? No kits have been lost. And for this account all tests were completed.

There are two others for which results have not been posted - suppose they needed extra for one of those, got mixed up and sent the wrong kit ???? (The contact form is not working.)

Should we assume they really do want two more samples for the completed kit and just go ahead and submit it?

Double-check the kit number.

But if FTDNA really sent you a collection kit for an account that has no pending tests, I can only think of two possible explanations:

- FTDNA has reason to doubt the results it has already posted, and wants to re-run at least one test.

- FTDNA cannot predict your haplogroup, and wants to run a basic haplogroup ("backbone") test.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
      Double-check the kit number.

But if FTDNA really sent you a collection kit for an account that has no pending tests, I can only think of two possible explanations:

- FTDNA has reason to doubt the results it has already posted, and wants to re-run at least one test.

- FTDNA cannot predict your haplogroup, and wants to run a basic haplogroup ("backbone") test.
      Thanks for helping me puzzle this out.

We checked the kit number.
      And the haplogroup assignment was in agreement with what had been determined for other family members (in other labs), though there are oddities.

So I guess they must sometimes have after-the-fact doubts. Perhaps they usually retest the less common types. It would be nice though if they had sent an explanatory e-mail or something.

And there was an earlier thread about how many tests can you do on a two vial sample. I'm a little surprised they need more after only a FF and a full sequence mt-DNA - the samples were fresh.

Comment

Triple-check Order History - make sure the orders you placed got credited to the Kits you wanted them credited to, no unordered tests show on this Kit.

And personally, after doing that, if it shows everything as should be, I would still call before using the replacement Kit that was sent - def. before sending it back.

Comment

Working...
        X