Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before customer services even acknowledge a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before customer services even acknowledge a question?

The support page says "Most emails receive a response in 24-48 hours; however, more complicated issues may take longer."

BUT, after 10 days I still have not had any contact apart from the automated reply,
    "Thank you for submitting your request.
    Your Request ID is 613228. A Family Tree DNA team member will review your request. Please note that
    submitting repeat requests will slow down the processing of
    your Request ID 613228.

We strive to answer your emails quickly, efficiently,and thoroughly. Requests that require research
    may take a little longer.

Thank you for your patience."

I can't believe it takes that much research to react to a request regarding sending two test samplers with the same number to be used by two different people

I imagine they have quite a few questions that fall in the "more complicated issues" i.e. Gen 2.0 My Origins....

Comment

Originally posted by nuff View Post
      I can't believe it takes that much research to react to a request regarding sending two test samplers with the same number to be used by two different people
      If I interpret what you wrote correctly, it seems like you asked them if you could send the two vials from one kit (both vials with same kit #), but with the DNA of two different people, one per vial. If that was your question, the simple answer to it is no.

You need to buy one kit per person, and each person uses the two vials in his or her kit. Otherwise, it would only confuse things, because the two people, no matter how closely related, would have different DNA. Even twins should each do one kit per person.

Comment

Never had an email (3) replied to, always had to ring, which is tricky when you live in another continent and time zone.

Comment

Used the contact form but haven't even got an automated response. Tried twice, still nothing. It is not sorted as spam either - I checked. I find this really bad customer service!

Comment

I received a reply after about 8 days. They had passsd on my query to I.T.
            About four days later I had my full My Origin results. So Customer Service do reply to at least some emails.

Comment

Between sales, myorigins, transfers and bugs the number of emails and response times has been pretty long, much longer than ideal. We're working through it and the response time is improving. There are those that can fall through the cracks though. You are welcome to send me a private message on the forum and I am happy to help and at least try and get things moving along.

-Darren
              Family Tree DNA

Comment

What Customer Service?

I transferred my DNA from 23andMe here a week ago, because my granddaughter had hers done here and apparently it can't be exported. I never received my initial password. Never! I have asked repeatedly to have it sent, and the system say s it was. Hoever, whem I registered for this forum, that login came immediately. Maybe that was because I created my own password...? So. I'm still sitting on the kit # they gave me after the transfer, and my granddaughter can see me as a match when she logs in, but I can't log in to MyFTDNA without receiving that initial password they have never sent!!!!!

What customer service? Send me a password!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
                  I transferred my DNA from 23andMe here a week ago, because my granddaughter had hers done here and apparently it can't be exported. I never received my initial password. Never! I have asked repeatedly to have it sent, and the system say s it was. Hoever, whem I registered for this forum, that login came immediately. Maybe that was because I created my own password...? So. I'm still sitting on the kit # they gave me after the transfer, and my granddaughter can see me as a match when she logs in, but I can't log in to MyFTDNA without receiving that initial password they have never sent!!!!!

What customer service? Send me a password!
                  Try using the link for "Forgot Your Password?" which is below the orange "sign in" button on the FTDNA Sign In page. You will need to enter the kit number and your email address. The "Forgot Your Password" page also has a place to use if you've forgotten your Kit Number or Username.

Regarding the issue about your granddaughter having tested here, and that her results can't be exported: not true. It is up to the desired receiving company as to whether or not they have the capability and desire to ACCEPT any uploads. FTDNA results can be uploaded to at least GEDmatch.com, and some others, if I'm not mistaken. The problem with uploading DNA results from any other company to Ancestry.com is that the current Ancestry chip is not compatible with FTDNA's results, and that Ancestry doesn't accept uploads from anyone, anyway. The same is true of 23andMe.
                  KATM
                  mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46379
                  Last edited by KATM; 26 June 2017, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X