My husband's matches just disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband's matches just disappeared

I had a Family Finder test done for my husband, and the results were posted today. When I looked at it earlier today there were over 1,000 matches. I went back this afternoon, and now they are ALL gone. The message keeps saying "There are no matches, in 5 seconds the filter will show all matches". In 5 seconds it says the same thing. It does it over, and over. I tried restarting my computer, with no luck. I tried to click on the "reset filter" button, but it won't let me.

What now? I already had zero matches on his Y-DNA, and now the matches for his autosomal DNA are gone. I think I have wasted a LOT of money!

If they were just posted today, I would wait and see if they comeback, it is probably them just updating system.

Unless you changed some of the privacy settings under the match and email settings,
    Setting any level to No removes matches from your list that fall into that category. Matching is a two way street at FTDNA, both you and matches see or neither one does.

Comment

Thank you prairelad! You were right - they were just posted today. But, I did change the match settings. I had said no to distant and speculative. I thought 2nd to 3rd cousins would be a close match! I changed those back to "yes" and all his matches returned.

Thank you again!

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
      If they were just posted today, I would wait and see if they comeback, it is probably them just updating system.

Unless you changed some of the privacy settings under the match and email settings,
      Setting any level to No removes matches from your list that fall into that category. Matching is a two way street at FTDNA, both you and matches see or neither one does.

Comment

Working...
      X