Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Tree suggested matches aren't very accurate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree suggested matches aren't very accurate!

I manage several different FTDNA accounts for family members. And for each I have uploaded a gedcom file of my most up to date family tree. After uploading I usually link the known matches like the other family members who have tested or others we have discovered are real matches. While navigating around the tree I often see the small purple link symbol on a name and I click on it. The names it suggest match aren't even close! John Martin might actually suggest the match is someone named Jim Millfield. I click the dismiss tag but surely the filtering software needs to be improved.

Originally posted by Chrisinhouston View Post
    I manage several different FTDNA accounts for family members. And for each I have uploaded a gedcom file of my most up to date family tree. After uploading I usually link the known matches like the other family members who have tested or others we have discovered are real matches. While navigating around the tree I often see the small purple link symbol on a name and I click on it. The names it suggest match aren't even close! John Martin might actually suggest the match is someone named Jim Millfield. I click the dismiss tag but surely the filtering software needs to be improved.
    I thought FTDNA used the Soundex coding system, but your example wouldn't fit that.

Martin = M635
    Millfield = M414

http://resources.rootsweb.ancestry.c...undexconverter

Comment

Agree

I've had a lot of totally off-the-wall suggestions.

Comment

Working...
      X