Current Y-DNA batch# ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by austimatt View Post
    Big Y700 batch 915 (14 Nov 2018) now expected 9-23 Jan 2019, which is odd as it’s gone back in time. I guess it might be a glitch.
    Update: now expected 20/02/2019 – 06/03/2019.

Comment

Update: now expected 20/02/2019 – 06/03/2019.
      My Father's kit (Batch 924) is now showing as 25 Feb - 11 March

Comment

• Originally posted by bartarl260 View Post

I am not even going to guess what FTDNA does with Y12 kits at this point, they stopped selling them some time ago.

One theory is that being Y12 they let his run to completion while everyone else(with currently available test kit options) was shifted to the Y700 process of STR testing even if they're not testing to that level. As one of the selling points was better, faster, and more reliable scoring on STR markers. Batch 930(or 929?) might be the first STR test kits to officially use the new process. Just bad staging on FTDNA's part on how they enacted the change and communicated it. (As a test that was days from completion being sent back through the process again isn't faster)
        That is not accurate. Familytreedna continues to sell Y-12 and Y-25 through projects. Y-12 is $59 and Y-25 is $108

Comment

• Big Y700 batch 918 delayed again - now expected 3/4/2019 - 3/18/2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.DNA View Post

That is not accurate. Familytreedna continues to sell Y-12 and Y-25 through projects. Y-12 is $59 and Y-25 is $108
            You can order the 12 - not by clicking on the shopping cart - but by looking for the big box labeled "Y DNA Ancestry" which has a blue "buy now" button. It's way at the bottom of the lower right panel. For non-Europeans who probably have no matches anyhow, the question may just be "is the Y most likely African, European, or Amerindian?" and extra STRs are of no immediate interest or utility.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcarson View Post
              Big Y700 batch 918 delayed again - now expected 3/4/2019 - 3/18/2019.
              Just had another update: Big Y700 batch 915 now expected 6/3-20/3/2019.

Comment

Just had another update: Big Y700 batch 915 now expected 6/3-20/3/2019.
                Same here for my batch 915, this is the 3rd delay and becoming very annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slam View Post

Same here for my batch 915, this is the 3rd delay and becoming very annoying.
                  Very.

Comment

Very.
                    Check your matches page, see if your Big Y column has populated, I just checked mine and they were, so I guess I dont have very much long to wait.

Comment

Check your matches page, see if your Big Y column has populated, I just checked mine and they were, so I guess I dont have very much long to wait.
                      That sounds positive. I don’t actually have a Big Y column on my matches page - maybe because I don’t currently have any matches at any level?

Comment

That sounds positive. I don’t actually have a Big Y column on my matches page - maybe because I don’t currently have any matches at any level?
                        The Big Y column appeared on my Y-DNA matches page as soon as I got my 111 STR's, which was about 2 weeks after I ordered the Big Y, I think sometime in late Dec.

I think the column should show up regardless if you have any matches or not, perhaps they are still tweaking the site.

Comment

• BigY results are coming in again, had somebody else in a group project group report their results this morning, no idea on their batch number.

My father's results(batch 924) came in today as well, but as previously mentioned, he's probably an exception/edge case for that batch.. As he may have initially batched in mid-December, but the kit was ordered in August, and FTDNA did announce kits ordered prior to November would get priority.

Edit: Checking on another kit of interest to me, in batch 925, it appears his BigY results came in today as well. His kit was ordered in the November sale(and mailed back the same day he received it), so shouldn't be an anomaly.
                          Last edited by bartarl260; 21st February 2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Finally completed this morning....108 unnamed variants, I understand it will take about a week to iron some things out.
                            Big Y-700
                            Ordered 11/13/2018 915
                            Batched 11/14/2018 915
                            Completed 02/21/2019 915

Comment

Finally completed this morning....108 unnamed variants, I understand it will take about a week to iron some things out.
                              Big Y-700
                              Ordered 11/13/2018 915
                              Batched 11/14/2018 915
                              Completed 02/21/2019 915
                              Same, except we got 211 "unnamed variants"
                              Big Y-700
                              Ordered 08/28/2018 916
                              Batched 11/19/2018 916
                              Completed 02/21/2019 916

Comment

Finally completed this morning....108 unnamed variants, I understand it will take about a week to iron some things out.
                                Some things on the web side could take close to a month to sort out. Had that happen when my test result split a terminal SNP, only the name they'd previously chosen for the Terminal happened to be one of the SNPs I didn't have.

Comment

Working...
                                X