Current Y-DNA batch# ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abuelita View Post

The first was ordered 5 August 17, batched in 774 on the 7th, the estimated date was sometime in early October as I remember, it was somewhat "finished" (more or less, they didn't estimate a haplogroup as anything more specific than what we got with the Y-37 and a SNP pack) in December, but as I now look at order history it says completed 04/19/2018. Multiple rollovers in any case.

The second was ordered ordered 16 Nov 2017, batched in 804 on the 20th, and I remember it being completed sometime in January, with only one rollover, though the completed date now says 04/18/2018. It was definitely done long before April. They must have gone back at that time and done something to various kits - I have no idea what.

Neither has any matches. Both were eventually submitted to Yfull where we got more specific haplogroups. The FTDNA taxonomy for kit 1, a Q, was eventually changed, months later, and now matches that of Yfull. The FTDNA grouping for kit 2, an E, is still less specific than it is at Yfull.
    Thanks abuelita – good to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by abuelita View Post

The first was ordered 5 August 17, batched in 774 on the 7th, the estimated date was sometime in early October as I remember, it was somewhat "finished" (more or less, they didn't estimate a haplogroup as anything more specific than what we got with the Y-37 and a SNP pack) in December, but as I now look at order history it says completed 04/19/2018. Multiple rollovers in any case.

The second was ordered 16 Nov 2017, batched in 804 on the 20th, and I remember it being completed sometime in January, with only one rollover, though the completed date now says 04/18/2018. It was definitely done long before April. They must have gone back at that time and done something to various kits - I have no idea what.

Neither has any matches. Both were eventually submitted to Yfull where we got more specific haplogroups. The FTDNA taxonomy for kit 1, a Q, was eventually changed, months later, and now matches that of Yfull. The FTDNA grouping for kit 2, an E, is still less specific than it is at Yfull.

During the winter of 2017/2018. FTDNA upgrades all big Y kits from HG19 to HG38. This is why you see a bit more delay or April dates.

Comment

• This week, batch 913 should be complete for y upgrades and batch 900 for big y500

Comment

• My BigY is batch 898. Looking forward to the next two weeks - hopefully I'll receive the results in this period.

Comment

• Good morning. I purchased a Q-L245 SNP pack at the beginning of this month. On my FTDNA home page, there was a button I could click on that would show my batch number and the estimated completion range. Either Tuesday or Wednesday, that box on my home page disappeared. I thought that might mean my results were ready, but I see nothing has really changed. I don't remember the batch number now, I think it was in the very early 900's, but was wondering if there was another way I can check to see status?

Comment

• Originally posted by Codeman432 View Post
              Good morning. I purchased a Q-L245 SNP pack at the beginning of this month. On my FTDNA home page, there was a button I could click on that would show my batch number and the estimated completion range. Either Tuesday or Wednesday, that box on my home page disappeared. I thought that might mean my results were ready, but I see nothing has really changed. I don't remember the batch number now, I think it was in the very early 900's, but was wondering if there was another way I can check to see status?
              Look for the link that says "complete order history"

And, if you haven't already, join the Q-M242 project. The administrators there are incredibly helpful, as is the community.

Comment

• Thank you abuelita! I found it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slam View Post
                  SNP Pack - Batch 898 - Delayed, new est - 11/12/2018 - 11/26/2018

SNP Pack - Batch 898 Delayed yet again, new est - 12/10/2018 - 12/24/2018

In the meantime, I have ordered Big Y500 under the same account and 6 atDNA kits, yet they refuse to refund me my SNP pack cost or give me an atDNA kit as a gesture of good will for the delay, quick way to lose dedicated customers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.DNA View Post
                    This week, batch 913 should be complete for y upgrades and batch 900 for big y500
                    LOL. That depends entirely on what your haplogroup is. I know a few others who purchased during the last Summer sale as well that are still waiting on BigY.

Below passes for "Normal" for a number of people in the project I am in. Still have another month or so before rattling the cage might be in order.

Big Y-500
                    Ordered 08/02/2018 884
                    Batched 08/06/2018 884
                    Completed Pending
                    ​​​​​​
                    Big Y-500 HiYNGS 884 12/10/2018 - 12/24/2018
                    For SNP Packs, I think this is probably the outer boundary for what most people, even those in less common haplogroups should see.
                    R1a - Backbone SNP Pack
                    Ordered 07/30/2018 881
                    Batched 07/30/2018 881
                    Completed 10/25/2018
                    ​​​​​​
                    Last edited by bartarl260; 27th November 2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.SYSTEM View Post
                      G - M201v2 SNP Pack
                      Batch:900
                      Expected:11/05/2018 - 11/19/2018

G - M201v2 SNP Pack
                      Ordered 09/20/2018 900
                      Batched 09/24/2018 900
                      Completed 11/27/2018 900

Comment

• Big Y-500 HiYNGS 898 12/10/2018 - 12/24/2018 Results for your Big Y test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.
                        So yep, I also got postponed.

Comment

• Y-DNA111
                          Ordered 11/14/2018 915
                          Batched 11/14/2018 915
                          Completed 11/28/2018 915

Comment

• Well, I haven't seen another "results have been delayed" update today. So I can dream of BigY from batch 884 completing in the next two weeks. Or see a repeat of the SNP Pack where it gets delayed 2 weeks, only to complete 2 days later.

Comment

• Bigy500 batch 921 - expected 01/30/2019 - 02/13/2019

Comment

• My BigY is in batch 890 and that was assigned in early/mid August, been delayed 4 times and the new dates are 12/10-12/24 so hopefully anytime soon. My buddy told me with a BigY it's all about patience but this is getting ridiculous. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X