X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 812: Date changed.
    Now expected: 02/12/2018 - 02/26/2018

Comment

• Batch 820 One result for Y-DNA67 is in. Feb 3, 2018.

Comment

• B-819

Batch: 819
        Expected: 02/19/2018 - 03/05/2018
        Test: Y111 upgrade

Comment

• Anyone Order Big-Y in Batch 804

Has anyone ordered the Big-Y in batch 804 and it's *not* in?

Comment

• Originally posted by DNA145 View Post
            Have you talked to them? Did they redo it using the backup sample? Send a new kit? Our bigY 804 was completed Jan 17th.

Comment

• Originally posted by abuelita View Post
              Have you talked to them? Did they redo it using the backup sample? Send a new kit? Our bigY 804 was completed Jan 17th.
              I was told earlier last week that someone would look into it and send me an email. That never happened.

Does it take an entire vial to process the BigY?

I can't get another sample from the person testing and already used it for autosomal, y37, the free y111 and one group of snps.

So am I out of luck if this test failed?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwabianGirl View Post
                Batch 812: Okay, now I'm confused. They said they were confident to finish the y-37 test with the second sample - and today the results were delayed by two weeks though the note says no action is required. Urgh. I hate waiting.
                Nothing to be confused about. The delay is automatic. They set themselves a deadline range. When the results have not been posted by then, the software will automatically change it to a delayed deadline. So you could get a new deadline even if the results come one day after the old deadline.

Since the first test failed and they are using a second sample, the old deadline does not really apply given that they have to start the process over. So the results could arrive before that new deadline arrives or it could fail again. It all depends on the sample. This is why it is important to have test takers scrape firmly (without causing pain).

Comment

I was told earlier last week that someone would look into it and send me an email. That never happened.

Does it take an entire vial to process the BigY?

I can't get another sample from the person testing and already used it for autosomal, y37, the free y111 and one group of snps.

So am I out of luck if this test failed?
                  It does not take a whole vial to do the Big Y. It really depends on how good the sample was collected. If the person did not scrape firmly enough or long enough, less DNA is captured. They are still dealing with a backlog due to the sale, so I advice you contacting them again to see what they say. The person that was suppose to have contacted you may have lost track of who they were suppose to contact or simply forgot. So it won't hurt to try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
                    It does not take a whole vial to do the Big Y. It really depends on how good the sample was collected. If the person did not scrape firmly enough or long enough, less DNA is captured. They are still dealing with a backlog due to the sale, so I advice you contacting them again to see what they say. The person that was suppose to have contacted you may have lost track of who they were suppose to contact or simply forgot. So it won't hurt to try again.
                    I'll contact them again.

The sample was good. As I mentioned above, four tests were purchased with it. My concern was whether or not there is enough left from those two vials if the test fails.

Comment

My batch 804 Big-Y results have also been delayed. New predicted date-range is 02/12/2018 - 02/26/2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssamlal View Post
                        My batch 804 Big-Y results have also been delayed. New predicted date-range is 02/12/2018 - 02/26/2018.
                        Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

• BIGY 780

BIGY 780 results in, finally

Comment

• Originally posted by JesusMoses View Post
                            BIGY 780 results in, finally
                            That's very good news - the wait, since August, has been long enough! And as I usually get my delay notification the day after yours (I'm 781 batch) I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow

Comment

• Batch 819

Originally posted by ferteth View Post
                              Batch: 819
                              Expected: 02/19/2018 - 03/05/2018
                              Test: Y111 upgrade
                              Batched: 01/08/2018
                              Completed: 02/08/2018

Good Job FTDNA, improving your times.

Comment

• DELAYED - AGAIN!

Results for my grandfather's Y-37 Batch 812 have been delayed again 2/12-2/26 to now 2/26-3/12. I'm not amused. Been looking forward to seeing results, finally.

Comment

Working...
                                X