My test got lost??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My test got lost??

I show on my profile that my test kit was sent on 12/5/16. I sent it back on the 9th of December. According to the information on the site, they batch the kits they receive every Wednesday and I can look on Thursday to show that my test was received.

Okay, it's January 3rd now. And the "Received by Lab" is STILL saying pending. All I can think of is my test got lost in the return mail. And I've tried contacting them through their message contact service, tried calling the contact number... I've tried EVERYTHING. Phone is ALWAYS busy. No reply from messages sent. Does ANYONE have anything to tell me that might help????

Their phone might be busy from all the holiday orders they have to deal with for people.

As for the kit, was it shipped within the US? If so, did you save the tracking number? Last year, I sent in a kit on January 5 within the US. Tracking shows it arrived and departed from the North Houston sorting facility the next day. However it did not arrive to the Houston post office until Jan 20. It was then marked delivered the next day (Jan 21).

Keep in mind when the tracking number indicates it has been delivered, what it actually means is that it was placed in the mail bag that goes to FTDNA about every week. FTDNA then marked it received on Jan 25. On Jan 26 I got an email from FTDNA titled "Kit Received".

I know it is hard, but patience helps. Focus on other things (like building your family tree) and once in a while check up on your kit.

Comment

Lost mine too

I sent an email to customer service. I was sent a replacement kit since no one seems to know what the Denver post office did with my Dad's sample.

It is really maddening when the post office loses stuff.

Comment

Dec. 9 to Jan. 3rd was over two major holiday weekends and during the major Christmas mailing time. It may possibly have been shunted aside (or gotten mixed up) someplace as Postal Workers focused on Christmas cards and Christmas gifts.
        It is also possible, if enough Kits came in, that FTDNA may have gotten behind in its logging in of Kits.

For anyone mailing within the US - REMEMBER TO COPY THE TRACKING NUMBER before putting the Kit in the mail. Checking that can provide much in the way of comfort as you wait, because whether in US or outside, stories of it taking a long time to get back to FTDNA are not unusual.

patriciaq - hope yours turns up soon!!

Comment

Don't think it was lost. Tracking is your friend. My experience with USPS has been very good. FTDNA checks their mailbag every now and then and is backed up on acknowledging receipt.

That said, I did have a package goof in Houston this month. I sent two kits in, one on Dec 19, and a second on Dec. 27. The Dec. 19 one got to North Houston on December 21, then chilled out until December 31. The Dec 27 one was delivered December 30. Neither of which shows up at FTDNA. But hopefully these poor saps got Monday off so it's still only a couple of days, no worries.

Comment

Just for reference, both kits showed up as received today. Hopefully batched on Monday with the new schedule.

Comment

Test Kits USPS

Hi,
              I had asked a question on FTDNA's Facebook page about how long are their test taking to get checked in.

This is the answer I rec. "Sample collection kits first arrive at our local post office, from which we must then go pick them up. From there, we check them in individually by hand. Therefore, it can take a few business days to be checked in from the date it's delivered. For specifics about your account, please write our Help Desk here: https://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx#contactForm"

I had the USPS no. for a kit for a family member so I called USPS 800 number and the person told me the kit had been picked up Jan 6 2017 by FTDNA.

It has not been checked in as of yet I figure this is because of the sale.

Delivered is when FTDNA picks it up. I was told by USPS.

Delivered HOUSTON, TX 77008 January 6, 2017 3:25 pm

Arrived at Post Office HOUSTON, TX 77008 January 6, 2017 2:41 pm

Cheryl

Comment

I have two kids which were marked delivered on 01/05/2017. Not marked received yet in order history. I thought maybe Monday since they're supposedly catching on Mondays and Wednesdays now, but no change yet for either kit. I won't try to contact them until tomorrow though, because the status could change by then.

Comment

Better to just wait for almost a week. The day they mark them received is not the same as the day they mark them as batched. Batching days are Mondays and Wednesdays. Once marked "received" in the order history, it will be batched on one of those two days. As long as the tracking indicates it is delivered, you are good to go. Just need to be patient and wait.

Comment

Autocorrect is killing me. I changed it back to batching and it altered it again. Blah.

I know they don't happen on the same day, but my last two kits were delivered on a Wednesday afternoon and marked received the following day. Then they were batched on the following Wednesday.

My last two kits were delivered last Thursday and still not marked received, so I don't even know if they were picked up yet. If they're now batching on Mondays as well, you would think they're also picking up mail more than once a week, yet it doesn't seem like it.

Comment

Your kit is not lost in the mail.

I sent three kits in together. Kit #1 was 'received' on Dec. 21 and batched on Dec. 22 (batch 708). Kit #2 was received on Dec. 22 and batched on Dec. 28 (batch 709). Then I waited for Kit #3 and someone with more experience assured me that it was too early to worry. She was correct. Kit #3 was 'received' on Jan. 5 and batched on Jan. 9 (batch 712).

Comment

Kit RECEIVED via tracking November 07, 2016 STILL shows "pending"

Luckily, I was able to have the tracking number redone at the small satellite post office in Canada. That was done yesterday. "Received" in Houston on November 07, 2016.

Try and tell me that whatever holiday held it up. I won't believe you.

Why then does the kit access STILL show "pending" and nothing further since the purchase of kit and upgrades?

P/O'd

Comment

Originally posted by DADIG View Post
                          Luckily, I was able to have the tracking number redone at the small satellite post office in Canada. That was done yesterday. "Received" in Houston on November 07, 2016.

Why then does the kit access STILL show "pending" and nothing further since the purchase of kit and upgrades?
                          Has it been batched?

Comment

I assume they pick up mail once a week and your kit just got there a day or two late. If by the end of tomorrow it's not marked received, I would contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by DADIG View Post

Try and tell me that whatever holiday held it up. I won't believe you.

P/O'd
                              I shipped three kits as per instructions as small parcels and I was told by Canada Post that I could not track those packages? Was your kit shipped as an envelope?

Comment

Working...
                              X