Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my kit number change

Dear Mel Fleming II,

Thank you for ordering the Family Finder, Domestic Shipping tests. Your kit number is ##### and your password is ######.
    Family Tree DNA
    http://www.FamilyTreeDNA.com
    "History Unearthed Daily"

OK Now will this change my account settings, from my original kit number of #B118184? Is this test shipped or are results from my original test, already done?
    Last edited by Darren; 28 December 2016, 10:55 PM. Reason: edited to remove kit number and password

Two things.

First of all, you've just posted your kit number and password. You've given anyone who reads your post the ability to log into your account, get your personal information, change settings and also change the password. Better edit your post to remove your password before the 15 minute editing period ends. You can't edit posts more than 15 minutes after you've posted.

The other thing is that you should only have one kit number. Once you've made your first order and been assigned a kit number, you should only order additional tests using the blue "Upgrade" button in your existing account. It just creates confusion if your results for various tests are under multiple kit numbers in the database. If you contact FTDNA, using the phone number at the bottom of this page, they can merge the two kit numbers under your original kit number, B118184.
    Last edited by MMaddi; 28 December 2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Something worth noting is that your original kit starts with B, this means it had an autosomal DNA transfer from either Ancestry or 23&me. Your new kit has a Family Finder test, which is also an autosomal DNA test. You are suppose to have either one or the other but not both as they are similar.

Did you ever unlock your autosomal DNA transfer from your original kit? If you did not unlock it (by paying the $39), did you have other tests in that kit? If you did not unlock it and did not have any other tests in it, I don't see a reason for you to merge the kits. Stick with the new one if that is the case.

Comment

Two kit numbers

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
        Two things.
        ...creates confusion if your results for various tests are under multiple kit numbers in the database. If you contact FTDNA, using the phone number at the bottom of this page, they can merge the two kit numbers under your original kit number, B118184.
        I agree that this is a mistake, but: this happened to a member of my group who already had a "B" transfer from Ancestry Y results.
        When he ordered the FF and a Y upgrade, he was given another kit number for FF only. He now has two kits, one with Y and one with FF.
        I will post MMaddi's response to him, but the last time the member contacted FTDNA, they told him that that is "just the the way it is."

I believe that this outcome is common with the coupon sales.
        Last edited by clintonslayton76; 1 January 2017, 11:46 AM. Reason: additions, spacing, clarification

Comment

Working...
        X