Tree Advertisement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Advertisement

FTDNA members have endured some very klugey trees.

I am probably in a minority, because I like current trees a little better than the last trees but I still think its a real pain in the arse. And one of the reasons I often recommend AncestryDNA for their easily navigable trees. Add to that the irritation of the "one person" trees.

But here is what really gets my goat.
    https://www.familytreedna.com/family...r-compare.aspx
    In the current advertising, there is a very nice, clean, crisp looking tree in the background. Not those nasty trees we are forced to live with.

Maybe we will be getting a new tree system?

I hope we get a pedigree view soon! Otherwise, how dare they show one in their add? I'd just as soon they not display the pictures though. Trees would load faster if they skipped all the fancy stuff that means nothing. If you find a common ancestor and want to know if the DNA match happens to have a photo of that ancestor, you can always ask.

(It's funny though when someone asks you if you have a photo of an ancestor who was born in 1595!!!)

Comment

A few of us have photographs of portraits (oil, woodcut, pen and ink) of ancestors who lived in the 16th Century or even farther back. One of my ancestral lines is a family with many generations of protestant ministers in French-speaking Switzerland, all of whom had portraits painted, and these were passed down in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by mabrams View Post
        FTDNA members have endured some very klugey trees.
        I use a Chrome extension called DNArboretum. It was created to view native 23andMe trees, but seems to work with FTDNA trees. At least, for now. Select Ancestry View and the number of generations. It creates an easily readable ahnentafel chart.

Comment

Originally posted by John McCoy View Post
          A few of us have photographs of portraits (oil, woodcut, pen and ink) of ancestors who lived in the 16th Century or even farther back. One of my ancestral lines is a family with many generations of protestant ministers in French-speaking Switzerland, all of whom had portraits painted, and these were passed down in the family.
          Yes, a few people have those. They exist (though I don't own them) for a couple of my ancestors. None known for the ancestor this person was looking for.

You'd be surprised at the photos you see at Ancestry attached to people they couldn't possibly be. Occasionally, because photography hadn't been invented, but more often because the clothes, hairstyles, etc. are of the wrong date.

Comment

Working...
          X