Shipping Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Charges

I'm really irritated about the shipping and handling charges. $12.95 per kit even if I have three kits sent to one address. For one thing it was $9.95 a year ago. Also, I went over to Ancestry and checked. Their shipping and handling is still $9.95 per kit plus additional kits sent to the same address are $4.95 each.

Additional kits going to the same address should get a price break on the shipping.

Shipping cost

You buy a kit over usually over $50.00 .

Personally I don't think you should have to pay the shipping for the kit being sent to you in the USA.

Outside of the USA I won't speak on since I have no idea what the different rates are .

Cheryl

Comment

No idea why FTDNA doesn't allow combining the cost with multiple kits. Though FTDNA does include tracking with the kits while Ancestry does not. You can order extra vials/swabs from FTDNA for free. Maybe it is their way of charging you for future possible kits they need to send you when you run out of DNA to test.

Comment

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...hipping-costs/

"
        If I order multiple kits at the same time, will you combine the shipping costs?

No. Our shipping and handling cost covers the materials in the test kit, the time to prepare it, and the actual shipping fee whether domestic or international. Therefore, each kit has a standard shipping and handling fee of $12.95.
        "

I would think phoning and inquiring may/could waive this.....

Comment

International shipping is worst!

I recently bought 3 kits to Europe. 30 something dollars for each kit. Almost 100 dollars of shipping costs!!!! Are you serious??? That is definitely NOT the price for sending a lightweight envelope to Europe. Go try deceive anyone else.

Comment

Cynical marketing

Anyone notice how the shipping charges increase as the official sale price for Family Finder decreases? Shipping used to be about $5 and the FF test was on sale for $79. Total: $84 or so.

Now, the FF test is $69 and shipping is $13. Total: $82 or so.

Basically, the same price.

It's like airlines who lower fares and then charge for baggage. It's all marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leiley View Post
              30 something dollars for each kit.
              Are you referring to Family Tree DNA, or another testing company?

I thought that FTDNA charged $12.95 per kit for shipping, regardless of location. The only difference was that American locations received a prepaid return envelope, whereas foreign locations had to pay their own return postage.

Am I wrong?

Comment

Shipping to Europe

International shipping is worst!

I recently bought 3 kits to Europe. 30 something dollars for each kit. Almost 100 dollars of shipping costs!!!! Are you serious??? That is definitely NOT the price for sending a lightweight envelope to Europe. Go try deceive anyone else.
                Hä? Where Did you order the FTDNA kits?

Sorry, but I can´t believe your post. Me too, I bought kits with shipping to Europe. The shipping costs were exactly the same as to US people... 12,95$

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
                  Are you referring to Family Tree DNA, or another testing company?

I thought that FTDNA charged $12.95 per kit for shipping, regardless of location. The only difference was that American locations received a prepaid return envelope, whereas foreign locations had to pay their own return postage.

Am I wrong?
                  It is true that when you order multiple kits, you don't get a discount on shipping. The shipping & handling fees apply to each kit. However, they normally don't charge extra for shipping overseas.

Like you said, the only difference is you have to pay for your own return shipping which could be rather expensive if you have to use a courier service.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabney Carr View Post
                    It is true that when you order multiple kits, you don't get a discount on shipping. The shipping & handling fees apply to each kit. However, they normally don't charge extra for shipping overseas.

Like you said, the only difference is you have to pay for your own return shipping which could be rather expensive if you have to use a courier service.
                    Ja, but also the shipping back from Europe (in my case Germany) to Houston was only 4,43 EUR for one envelope. It was shipping by ship (and not by plane), which takes just 1 week longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                      Hä? Where Did you order the FTDNA kits?

Sorry, but I can´t believe your post. Me too, I bought kits with shipping to Europe. The shipping costs were exactly the same as to US people... 12,95$
                      Oops! I'm so sorry. I've just checked my email and I was wrong. I was so upset when they charged me 3 times the shipping costs that I've made this up.

You're right, it's 30 something dollars what they've charged me for the 3 kits to Europe, not 100. Anyway I find it pretty expensive. I wish they combine the costs...

Again, I apologize.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. It helps to avoid future confusion. Even though they have it labeled as "shipping", it also covers the cost of the kit itself. Maybe they set that price to help cover shipping internationally on their end without raising the price for only the international customers. Either way it does seem to cost more than one would expect.

Comment

You're right, it's 30 something dollars what they've charged me for the 3 kits to Europe, not 100. Anyway I find it pretty expensive. I wish they combine the costs...Again, I apologize.
                          P&H for an order staying within Texas is $12.95. So 3 kits would be almost $39.

Comment

Working...
                          X