MyHeritage spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyHeritage spam

Ever since FTDNA joined up with MyHeritage and I made the mistake of trying their service, I'm getting spammed with those "smart matches" emails. I have unsubscribed over and over using the link they provide, but the emails just keep coming. So frustrated. Contacting their support did nothing.

I am now attempting to delete my account, but it has to be "approved" by MyHeritage! I'm going to stop telling my friends to use the FTDNA service until they can get this problem sorted out. It reeks of unethical business practices.

Originally posted by cavemonkey View Post
    Ever since FTDNA joined up with MyHeritage and I made the mistake of trying their service, I'm getting spammed with those "smart matches" emails. I have unsubscribed over and over using the link they provide, but the emails just keep coming. So frustrated. Contacting their support did nothing.
    Could you be a bit clearer on what "trying their service" consisted of in your case? I have a basic MyHeritage Account, but have never gotten any such Spam.

I did just get an e-mail from them - so know they still still have my e-mail address. [It was telling me about their new service allowing folks to upload DNA Test Results (Family Finder from FTDNA or autosomal from other companies). ]

Comment

Maybe there in My Heritage is a setting which stops emails from every found match event.

And you can filter email on your own computer. The filter can drop such emails straight or put automatically to some special directory. You can look them there when you want. And when you don't want, you don't see them.

Comment

My Heritage

Wish I had never joined. Do not like and ever add on is more money.Could not even use smart match as it was always not working. I can't understand why Family tree dna would have them and not Ancestry.
        Trying to get a refund but have they have not called me back.Going to call bank to report them.

Very disappointed that Family Tree DNA would have them as their partner.

Comment

Originally posted by ifiru View Post
          Maybe there in My Heritage is a setting which stops emails from every found match event.
          If someone logs into their MyHeritage account and goes to Site settings >> My preferences they should be able to adjust the settings on what MyHeritage sends them.

I am signed up there on a free account and do get emails about Smart Matches and Record Matches, but tend to ignore them, although I don't consider them spam (any more than the FTDNA emails about the countless Y DNA matches I have at 12 markers, which is pretty useless). One trick is that while you can't view your Smart Matches on the site, you can through their Family Tree Builder.

Comment

Originally posted by pamelaw View Post
            Wish I had never joined. Do not like and ever add on is more money.Could not even use smart match as it was always not working. I can't understand why Family tree dna would have them and not Ancestry.
            Trying to get a refund but have they have not called me back.Going to call bank to report them.

Very disappointed that Family Tree DNA would have them as their partner.
            If anything they should partner with a service where you don't have to continuously pay money to work on the things that you have collected and analyzed, such as WikiTree.

Comment

Working...
            X