• mdn
    replied
    Batched today 1013.
    Family Finder Batched 10/21/2019 1013

Leave a comment:

• canadienne
    replied
    Originally posted by canadienne View Post
    Batch 1010 opened yesterday. Anyone else?
    I hope the batch closed 10 days test process. I do many tests for my family member all of tests batches closed like 30-40 days.

Leave a comment:

• canadienne
    replied
    Batch 1010 opened yesterday. Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• Anass
    replied
    Pending batch #1003
    Family Finder Ordered 04/24/2019 1003
    Family Finder Batched 09/16/2019 1003

Leave a comment:

• -tess-
    replied
    Family Finder Batched 07/31/2019 989
    Family Finder Completed 08/15/2019 989

Leave a comment:

• CardiffLady
    replied
    Originally posted by -tess- View Post

For "partially" I meant no matches list and no raw dna file.
    (I got those later, so the problem is solved)
    Ahhh thanks for your reply - all this is new to me. Having had my first kit done 3 years ago, I never even knew there was a forum... I am learning all the time.

Leave a comment:

• -tess-
    replied
    Originally posted by CardiffLady View Post
    @ -tess-
    Excuse my ignorance - "partially ready"? What does that mean - either it is ready or it isn't?

Sorry it won't let me use the quotes.
    For "partially" I meant no matches list and no raw dna file.
    (I got those later, so the problem is solved)

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    Yes, your three year old sample can most certainly be used. Two points:
    1. FTDNA will hold a sample for 25 years, in case the customer wishes to do more tests. But there is no guarantee that the sample will be usable for that long.
    2. Depending upon the quality of the original sample, further tests may be done. If the sample is insufficient or poor in any way, there may not be enough DNA to perform further tests. In my opinion, this is more of a problem with testing men, because while women can only do the Family Finder (FF) and mtDNA tests, men can do both of those, plus extensive Y-DNA testing (if desired). In that case, sometimes there isn't enough good DNA sample left to perform multiple tests, and a new sample is required. Women usually have enough DNA in the original sample to do FF and mtDNA tests without problems, if the sample was collected correctly.
    Last edited by KATM; 16th May 2019, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CardiffLady
    replied
    Originally posted by KATM View Post

If you have an existing sample at FTDNA, they can usually use it for further testing. So, if you had done an mtDNA test, FTDNA already had your sample and would do the Family Finder test with it (their atDNA or autosomal test, which you wrote as ftDNA). There may be a backlog of kits from recent sales, which may delay your results.
    Ahh so realistically the 3 year old sample can be used for this new test - I didn't know this. I just expected a similar time frame from beginning to end about 10 weeks, I was just surprised a kit wasn't posted out to me. Whew that'll save a few weeks posting to me, then waiting a few weeks of posting back (I live in the UK). So I can knock about 4 weeks off the timescale.

Thanks KATM for your reply.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    Originally posted by CardiffLady View Post
    @ -tess-
    Excuse my ignorance - "partially ready"? What does that mean - either it is ready or it isn't?

From the other kit mtDNA batch no. 669

Purchased 22 Feb 2016,
    Posted to me 23 Feb 2016,
    Kit returned and received at FamilyTreeDNA - 22 March 2016, (5 weeks)
    Results came back on the 2 May 2016 (6 weeks from kit arriving back with FamilyTreeDNA).

From beginning to end e.g. ordered 22 Feb 2016 - results 2 May 2016 took approx. 10 weeks

My latest kit 964 (ftDNA) - purchased on the 6 May 2019 - whereas previously it was posted the following day. This is 10 days and still not posted to me?

Or again excusing my ignorance are they able to use my mt/DNA kit sample to do the ftDNA?
    Sometimes the various parts of Family Finder results do not all show up at the same time. Ancient Origins results appear first, for example, before the match list. Usually everything arrives within a couple of days.

If you have an existing sample at FTDNA, they can usually use it for further testing. So, if you had done an mtDNA test, FTDNA already had your sample and would do the Family Finder test with it (their atDNA or autosomal test, which you wrote as ftDNA). There may be a backlog of kits from recent sales, which may delay your results.

FTDNA has a page in the Learning Center, "After I return the kit, how long will results take?," which has information about testing delays.

Leave a comment:

• CardiffLady
    replied
    @ -tess-

From the other kit mtDNA batch no. 669

Purchased 22 Feb 2016,
    Posted to me 23 Feb 2016,
    Kit returned and received at FamilyTreeDNA - 22 March 2016, (5 weeks)
    Results came back on the 2 May 2016 (6 weeks from kit arriving back with FamilyTreeDNA).

From beginning to end e.g. ordered 22 Feb 2016 - results 2 May 2016 took approx. 10 weeks

My latest kit 964 (ftDNA) - purchased on the 6 May 2019 - whereas previously it was posted the following day. This is 10 days and still not posted to me?

Or again excusing my ignorance are they able to use my mt/DNA kit sample to do the ftDNA?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CardiffLady; 16th May 2019, 12:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• -tess-
    replied
    Originally posted by -tess- View Post
    Still waiting for the kit in batch 943..
    Results are partially ready

Leave a comment:

• -tess-
    replied
    Still waiting for the kit in batch 943..

Leave a comment:

• Outis
    replied
    Batch 960
    Batched 04/22/2019
    Completed 05/03/2019

Leave a comment:

• solarius
    replied
    Originally posted by solarius View Post
    I've had a mixed experience with ordering this time around, I had 2 samples sent in the same package so were received at the same time.

I ordered 3 tests in total, 2 FF and 1 mtDNA. All were batched on 25/02/19 as part of batch 944.

The mtDNA full sequence which was supposed to take the longest finished early on 19/03/19 vs the earliest date initially given which was 05/04/19.

And then for the same sample for the mtDNA test, I got my FF results late on 10/04/19 against an earliest date of 01/04/19.

Which leaves the other sample remaining, I haven't contacted customer services yet but I'd thought I'd share my experience here.

I've ordered an mtDNA full sequence on another sample and all the individual str upgrades from 25 to 111 and so far every test came back earlier than the given estimation. Given what I've read about this test prior, I'm surprised that it has taken longer than what I was led to believe.
    I finally got my last kit's results posted on 26/04/2019 after having been batched (part of 944) on 25/02/2019. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X