No announcement yet.

Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope we get our family finder results tomorrow.

Originally posted by jötunn View Post
    Same here with 825 26/02, goy Y-111 too.

Comment

• I'm giving up hope for tomorrow, as they seem to be posting the results at the evening in the US, which is late night in the EU. And I guess they're not working on Sundays.

Comment

• Originally posted by hypnotize815 View Post
        Definitely call them and ask if you can re-take the test. not enough tissue available?
        I think he took the sample after eating or washing his teeth or after a visit to dentist, or something like that. If that's right, they should send a new kit and he should take a better sample next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by hypnotize815 View Post
          I still haven't received results for batch 825. I wonder if the delay is because of Y37? My mom got her results a week before the projected results date.

Family Finder 825 02/26/2018 - 03/12/2018
          Y-DNA37 Y-DNA1-12 Markers 825 03/12/2018 - 03/26/2018
          Y-DNA37 Y-DNA13-25 Markers 825 03/12/2018 - 03/26/2018
          Y-DNA37 Y-DNA26-37 Markers 825 03/12/2018 - 03/26/2018
          all the other tests take longer than FF.
          I'm quoting FTDNA

"Most of our tests typically take 6 to 8 weeks to complete from the time we receive your sample in our lab, except Family Finder, which is usually 4 to 6 weeks and Big Y, which is usually 8 to 10 weeks."

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-results-take/

Comment

• I can only speak from my moms experience with family finder which came back in pieces. It starting posting the day but didn't complete until the evening. Perhaps they have changed their operations?

I'm giving up hope for tomorrow, as they seem to be posting the results at the evening in the US, which is late night in the EU. And I guess they're not working on Sundays.

Comment

• Thanks! I could wait the entire 6 weeks before contacting them about family finder results. Tomorrow will dictate how I proceed. I am hoping they don't delay the results because of Y37.

Originally posted by Kra794 View Post
              all the other tests take longer than FF.
              I'm quoting FTDNA

"Most of our tests typically take 6 to 8 weeks to complete from the time we receive your sample in our lab, except Family Finder, which is usually 4 to 6 weeks and Big Y, which is usually 8 to 10 weeks."

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-results-take/

Comment

• I imagine that the two processes (FamilyFinder and Y-DNA) operate independently of each other once they're batched, so one wouldn't slow down the other.

Comment

• VERY strange... batch 825, got my Y-DNA, still waiting for family finder?

Comment

• Spoke to FTDNA yesterday, apparently there is high lab volume, so we should expect our results closer to 6 weeks. I haven't gotten Y DNA nor Family Finder results. I did remind them the other kit I manage, I got the results in 3 weeks.

VERY strange... batch 825, got my Y-DNA, still waiting for family finder?

Comment

• I have a FF test in batch 825 - got this message today:
                      "Results for your Family Finder test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control."

And my new expected dates are: 03/12/2018 - 03/26/2018

Did other people in 825 get this message?

Comment

• Yes, exactly the same.

Guess it's the Christmas batch.

Comment

• I also received the same message. Does your kit only contain family finder? Mine contains y 37 and family finder. I am sure they are under staffed and have lots of tests to process. The other kit I manage took only 3 weeks. I sincerely hope we get our results by the new projected sate.

Originally posted by Annagirl View Post
                          I have a FF test in batch 825 - got this message today:
                          "Results for your Family Finder test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control."

And my new expected dates are: 03/12/2018 - 03/26/2018

Did other people in 825 get this message?

Comment

• Mine contains Y-111 too. Y-111 already done. Was expectedon 12/03 to 26/03

Comment

• Well, I just have no idea what is the delay with my kit...

Mine contains Y-111 too. Y-111 already done. Was expectedon 12/03 to 26/03

Comment

• Batch 826 delayed

New expected dates: 03/14/2018 - 03/28/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X