Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • @loobster

    Sometimes the test fails and they give it another attempt. And sometimes they need another sample from you.

    Comment


    • For the Kit in Batch 821 that I have been waiting for, think it was just putzing along. Matches finally showed up (yesterday, I think, tho matches and completion says 2-11-2018), plus Ancient Origins are in. Still waiting on MyOrigins.

      It would be nice to know if there is any criteria for when the messages saying "Please check back in 24 hours" or "Please check back in 24-72 hours" go up.
      It seems they used to be up for only a short while - but recent experience says it is now not unusual for them to be up for quite a while before the results actually show.

      Was seeing folks saying MtDNA and YDNA were getting in real early - so was thinking perhaps it was FamilyFinder's turn to be slow.
      In any case, Matches were there on first day for "Expected" date, so no real reason to complain, even tho I had gotten spoiled by faster FamilyFinder in the past. I appreciate this thread as a way to worry aloud, and share info. But no, it had not reached a point where it made sense to bother Customer Service.
      Last edited by loobster; 14th February 2018, 12:59 AM.

      Comment


      • Batch 825 matches expected 02/26/2018 - 03/12/2018
        Ancient Origins have no expected date put, so I guess they will be a bit earlier than matches.

        Still, people say they already got their 823, so I guess it'd be rather around the 02/26 than 03/12, if not earlier.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by loobster View Post
          For the Kit in Batch 821 that I have been waiting for, think it was just putzing along. Matches finally showed up (yesterday, I think, tho matches and completion says 2-11-2018), plus Ancient Origins are in. Still waiting on MyOrigins.
          What is wrong with "my origins"? The lab work is clearly finished, they just need to input the files into their standard program, right? It was working last week, at least for the kit we had that finished then. This is our family's 13th kit - and I have never seen it hang like this. It doesn't matter to me really, but that was the bribe that induced the person to test.

          In any case, the file downloaded just fine and we got pretty "estimated origin" pie charts and chromosome paintings from gedmatch, so that will have to do. (Meanwhile the match list told us what we we really wanted to know.)

          Comment


          • I saw above that results are already in for some kits that were in batch 823. Has someone received yet results for kits on batch 824?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by montagnoli View Post
              I saw above that results are already in for some kits that were in batch 823. Has someone received yet results for kits on batch 824?
              I have a SNP Pack with that batch, but It will take few more weeks, FF is surely very close under batch 824, if not this Friday, next week. cheers.

              Comment


              • Batch 817 FF results not in yet?

                Posting this for my sister-in-law - her mtDNA came back weeks ago, but her FF results keep getting delayed. Now it says 2/26/18-3/12/18 for batch 817 FF results. But I see many people in this forum that have already received batch 817 results, and results for batches past 824. Would not all the batch 817 results be posted at around the same time? Why would later FF batches be complete, but not 817? She's not been told there's any problem with her sample. I've encouraged her to reach out directly to support to figure out what's going on, but thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone had any insight. Thanks

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kra794 View Post
                  I have a SNP Pack with that batch, but It will take few more weeks, FF is surely very close under batch 824, if not this Friday, next week. cheers.
                  Ok, Thanks. Like the majority of us, I'm waiting anxiously for those results.

                  Comment


                  • I'm waiting for my 825 too. Do results get posted always on Fridays?

                    I'm asking, because last friday it already showed that "come back after 24hours" - would it be showing so for over 2 weeks?

                    Comment


                    • Hey, for anyone in batch 833 our samples had to be picked up by a truck from USPS because there were 20,000 samples collected that day!

                      I'd just like to say thank you very much to the support guys on the phone, you are always super helpful, I really like this company

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jötunn View Post
                        I'm waiting for my 825 too. Do results get posted always on Fridays?

                        I'm asking, because last friday it already showed that "come back after 24hours" - would it be showing so for over 2 weeks?
                        I honestly do not know how to answer that question. I'm also on Batch 825, with the same message "come back after 24hours".

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MK13737 View Post
                          Posting this for my sister-in-law - her mtDNA came back weeks ago, but her FF results keep getting delayed. Now it says 2/26/18-3/12/18 for batch 817 FF results. But I see many people in this forum that have already received batch 817 results, and results for batches past 824. Would not all the batch 817 results be posted at around the same time? Why would later FF batches be complete, but not 817?
                          I'm curious as well. I'm batch 819- got my yDNA weeks ago, but still waiting on FF and mtdna.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Allysson Pinto View Post
                            I honestly do not know how to answer that question. I'm also on Batch 825, with the same message "come back after 24hours".
                            I'm in 825 and don't have that message, just the estimated date range starting the 26th! Seems like the 24hours thing has to be a glitch...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by courtneyjt View Post
                              I'm in 825 and don't have that message, just the estimated date range starting the 26th! Seems like the 24hours thing has to be a glitch...
                              My mother's kit is also in batch 825. I see the 24hours message when I click on myFTDNA, then on Family Finder, and then, say, on MyOrigins.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by montagnoli View Post
                                I saw above that results are already in for some kits that were in batch 823. Has someone received yet results for kits on batch 824?
                                I have a kit in batch 824 and results still say ‘Pending’. Expected dates are still 2/21-3/07.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X