No announcement yet.

Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test I ordered in batch 679 is also delayed, expected dates 8/3/2016-8/17/2016

Today is the 3rd but nothing so far.

Originally posted by jeromehenry View Post
    I just got a delay notice on my 679 batch as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by dewsloth View Post
      what batch #?
      Batch #683

Comment

• #684 delayed as well. Now expected mid to late August.

Comment

• These delays are frustrating. I did 23andme too to compare how they assigned ancestry, and despite 23andme starting a week later, I've had their results for two weeks now as of today (took a total of one month).

I wrote them two weeks ago to inquire whether my delay was due to my sample failing, and I got a generic reply.

Thank you for contacting FTDNA. Testing delays can happen due to lab volume and quality control. Since tests are run in batches the issue is likely with another sample. If there is a problem with yours, we will reach out to you and send another collection kit free of charge.

Comment

• Batch 683 for my dad's results. First expected around 8/4. Changed to 8/10-8/24. Now 08/24/2016 - 09/07/2016.

This is frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by gatty View Post
              Batch 683 for my dad's results. First expected around 8/4. Changed to 8/10-8/24. Now 08/24/2016 - 09/07/2016.

This is frustrating.
              I got the same delay. They first received my sample 6/24 (batch 683). This is the second two-week delay, with it now also saying 8/24/16-9/7/16. Is there any amount of delay where you can get your money back? I think if a restaurant got you your food in twice the time they estimated, there would be apologies and a free meal.
              Last edited by ardrum; 10th August 2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ardrum View Post
                I got the same delay. They first received my sample 6/24 (batch 683). This is the second two-week delay, with it now also saying 8/24/16-9/7/16. Is there any amount of delay where you can get your money back? I think if a restaurant got you your food in twice the time they estimated, there would be apologies and a free meal.

They received my father's sample either 6/23 OR 6/25 .Can't remember which without checking. I would rather they overestimate the time to start with than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by gatty View Post
                  They received my father's sample either 6/23 OR 6/25 .Can't remember which without checking. I would rather they overestimate the time to start with than this.
                  Yup, managing customer expectations is crucial in running a business. I would rather them just tell me to expect results in 12 weeks (and be pleasantly surprised if they come in 9-10 weeks) and have a money back guarantee if they don't meet that estimate vs being strung along one two week "expected" window delay after another. I think some people here have had three or more delays too, so I am not necessarily even expecting my results in September now. What makes it worse too is that when I contacted them, I got a generic sort of reply about the delay so I don't know if my sample is bad or what. I let a few of my friends interested in purchasing a DNA test know about the delays I have experienced here (vs 23andme) so that they can keep that timeframe in mind in case they were planning a family get-together based around FTDNA's stated "expected" windows.

Comment

• Delaying results hurts me. They took my money which could be making some interest, and are sitting on the results. It also hurts the company. Because I am not ordering anything till they clear their overworked lab. I do not want to order FF, or big Y, or full mito, or upgrades till I get preliminary results from them.
                    Last edited by kora; 10th August 2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Batch 683!!! Delayed two weeks, Delayed Two more weeks ect. Still getting ads and emails wanting me to order more tests, why would I do that when I can't get the first one. This is getting really old.

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel View Post
                        Batch 683!!! Delayed two weeks, Delayed Two more weeks ect. Still getting ads and emails wanting me to order more tests, why would I do that when I can't get the first one. This is getting really old.
                        I think they all went on vacation for a few weeks without telling anyone.

Comment

• It sure looks like you are correct on that by the way the lack of matches have been for several weeks.

Comment

• Batch 689

May be useful for other UK customers... I sent my sample back on 21st July. It was marked recieved on 10 August. I was happy to see that the same day, the sample entered batch 689. The estimated dates were 21 Sept (I think) to 5th Oct. By the next day, this had slipped and is now showing 5th Oct to 19th Oct.

Comment

• Anyone from Batch 678 still waiting for MtDNA?

Anyone from Batch 678 still waiting for MtDNA?

Bought my test in April. It's now mid-August.

Results date has been pushed back at least twice. I have messaged them at least twice through the website and each time got the same boilerplate language response about the batch being delayed due to other people/tests, but I see lots of people from batch 678 got their results, and batches after that have their results as well.

Bought my niece's MtDNA and nephew's ydna at the same time. They got their results over a month ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntG77 View Post
                                May be useful for other UK customers... I sent my sample back on 21st July. It was marked received on 10 August. I was happy to see that the same day, the sample entered batch 689. The estimated dates were 21 Sept (I think) to 5th Oct. By the next day, this had slipped and is now showing 5th Oct to 19th Oct.
                                My father's SNP pack test is in batch 689 with the same date too.

Comment

Working...
                                X