No announcement yet.

Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My uncle's kit in batch 674 has been delayed for the 4th or 5th time!!! Almost every test I have purchased from FTDNA has been this way. I am not pleased to say the very least.

Comment

Hihi
      I got my FF batch 682 (two days ago I have been waiting for activation on forum account)

Comment

Originally posted by B85200 View Post
        I am also in Batch 677, MtDNA. I emailed them too but it didn't help. I am right at the 8 week mark but now it says July 20-August 3rd. I am meeting an out of state cousin tomorrow and was hoping to have the results to show him but it doesn't look good. I have been trying to get this done since late April. First kit was lost in the mail.
        I just heard back yesterday that there was a sample problem. They are going to retest, and, if that works, I should receive results in another 3-5 weeks. If that doesn't work, I guess we start all over again.
        I am reading now that MtDNA is not all that useful. Maybe it was a mistake ordering this test.

Comment

I am reading now that MtDNA is not all that useful. Maybe it was a mistake ordering this test.
          well MtDNA testing is referred to as 'deep ancestry' analysis, it means that it is only good to trace deep roots and place you in one of the 40 distinctive haplogroups.. Let's call it deep ancestry genealogy.

Comment

I've been trying to reply since you made this post...

Originally posted by ardrum View Post
            Anyone in batch 683?
            I am. Man, that forum activation took longer than it should have.

Comment

Originally posted by mattm View Post
              My father's Y6339 is in batch 681 and is expected between 07/27/2016 - 08/10/2016.
              Got the results today.

Comment

Originally posted by JD Edwards View Post
                My uncle's kit in batch 674 has been delayed for the 4th or 5th time!!! Almost every test I have purchased from FTDNA has been this way. I am not pleased to say the very least.
                I'm in the same batch. But I finally emailed customer service. They'd sent out a kit that I'd ignored.

The notes say
                Results for your Big Y test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.
                In my case "action by you is required". Said kit is now winging it's way back to Texas. Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by meandmymojo View Post
                  Hihi
                  I got my FF batch 682 (two days ago I have been waiting for activation on forum account)
                  Gah, I am FF batch 683... trying to be patient haha...

Comment

Originally posted by meandmymojo View Post
                    Hihi
                    What was your estimated completion date range?

Comment

hi ardrum
                      I think its about a week early... i have been logging in to the FTA and it showed up before any email arrived.

Comment

Batch 679

Has anyone got back any results from Batch 679, I have a Y-DNA 37 marker test that I am waiting for. Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by LeFoeil22 View Post
                          well MtDNA testing is referred to as 'deep ancestry' analysis, it means that it is only good to trace deep roots and place you in one of the 40 distinctive haplogroups.. Let's call it deep ancestry genealogy.
                          I am having problems with my mother's side of the family, was hoping to get some connections there, so decided to do the MtDNA. Maybe it won't be all that useful after all. IF I ever get the test results I'll have to learn more about it. Thanks so much for the info.

Comment

I am well pleased - got the results of my brothers SNP343 pack back today
                            batched 22nd June -completed 19 July {682}

His 67 marker Y test did well too{678}
                            batched 25th May -completed 15 June

Have ordered a F/Finder so will see how long that is

bet

Comment

They received my sample on June 24 (FF, batch 683), so I am hopeful that I will get results fairly soon. Expected date range was 7/27-8/10 though so...

Comment

I got my 683 results from the SNP pack last night. The status still hasn't changed from "pending expected 8/10" but they've changed my haplotype and I can see all the green and red SNP results in the tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X