Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTCoons View Post
    I just saw FF results from a test in batch 745.
    The tester had previously done a YDNA test, so it's possible that is why the results are back so soon. His Big Y is in batch 743, and those results are due by 3 Jul.
    Progress!

(I'd check with Customer Support, if you have seen any change in 3 months. Maybe get a replacement kit, if possible.)
    My husband's and first cousin's snp tests are in batch 743. That's disappointing to know the results aren't due until 3 July. They were batched on 24 April. I've had snp tests done on their kits and other kits before and it's taken two to four weeks. Does the Big Y test take longer? It it takes until July 3 that will be ten weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
      Does the Big Y test take longer? It it takes until July 3 that will be ten weeks.
      Yes, Big Y generally takes quite a lot longer than anything else.

Comment

• My Big-Y results came in quicker than either of my Family Finder results. Big-Y took 18 days after batching or 22 days from ordering to receiving. Y-67 took 21 days from batching to receiving.

Family Finder was 4 weeks after batching for one and 8 weeks for another that were received the same day.

Comment

• My parents' FF kits were in batch 743 and processed pretty quickly. Original estimate was 5/15-5/29, but was supposed to be delayed.

Batched 04/24/2017
          Completed 05/15/2017

Comment

• Batch 741 or 742

Originally posted by mmparker View Post
            Any results posted for Family Finder batch 741 or 742?
            Have family finder for batch 742 - early last week. Am waiting for mitochondrial DNA results due at end of May

Comment

• Batch 751

Wanted to contribute my order/batch info for reference on others orders

Ordered 4/17/2017 - Received 5/18/2017 - Batched all 5/22/2017
              Tests - Lab Procedure - Expected
              Family Finder - Ancient Origins -
              Family Finder - ChromosomeBrowser -
              Family Finder - Family Finder - 06/19/2017 - 07/03/2017
              mtFull Sequence - HVR1, HVR2, mtDNA Coding Region - 07/03/2017 - 07/17/2017
              Y-DNA111 - All markers - 07/03/2017 - 07/17/2017

Comment

• another 751

Originally posted by wmartell View Post
                Wanted to contribute my order/batch info for reference on others orders
                Thanks. We got the same dates for FF and Y. Please post to let us know when you get something.

Yesterday we did get "mtFull Sequence" results way ahead of schedule (batch 744). Delighted. So what do I have to grumble and gripe about? We already had the basic haplogroup info from elsewhere, and it had cost way less money. (And with incomparably better graphics / historical explanations.) I suppose we thought we would get a sub-clade breakdown and stuff - but no - nothing but the overall, almost topmost, generic haplogroup.

I'm a T2. If it does the same thing with mine and just comes back "Okay, you're T2!" I'll be seriously disappointed. For the 2nd time.

Comment

• Batch 745

Did an FF for my grandmother and it has come in a full week early.

My previous batches all took 6-12 weeks before so I am delighted.

Comment

• Me, my husband and my friend all are batch 746, 2 days ago my husband and friend both got their results back but I am still waiting on mine.

Comment

• Batch 752

FamilyFinder 752

06/21/2017 - 07/05/2017

Comment

• Family Finder Batch 748

Tests Lab Procedure Batch Expected Notes
                        Family Finder AncientOrigins 748
                        Family Finder ChromosomeBrowser 748
                        Family Finder FamilyFinder 748 06/07/2017 - 06/21/2017

Comment

• days it took for the 2 kits I have had to complete

these are from earlier this year but this is how long some batches my kits were a part of took for each step:
                          batch 736 family finder- 29 days ancient origins and origins, 30 days family finder
                          batch 728 family finder- 29 days ancient origins, 32 days origins, 36 days family finder

Comment

• Batch 748 family finder and ancient origins completed

as of 05/29/2017 both matches and ancient origins have completed. it was batched on 05/10/2017

Comment

• Holiday

I'm assuming because of the holiday that there's no batches processed this Wednesday. Or does anybody have a report to the contrary?

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcarson View Post
                                I'm assuming because of the holiday that there's no batches processed this Wednesday. Or does anybody have a report to the contrary?
                                As of a few months ago, FTDNA batches new orders for lab testing on two days each week - Monday and Wednesday. The actual holiday was Monday.

From what I see in my group administrator's page, project members who had placed a new order and paid for it before the end of business day on Monday were included in batch 753, batched that day. So, it doesn't seem as if the holiday had any effect on creating a new batch for the lab.

I think that FTDNA has the process automated and the IT system automatically batches any new paid orders on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. Humans take holidays, but computers don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X