Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Waiting - Batch 721

According to my dashboard my results were completed: "Results Completed: 4/4/2017." All I have are Ancient Origins. Still waiting for My Origins to process. I'm now being told to check back in 24-72 hours. I'm sorry that I spent the money here. This is ridiculous.

I certainly cannot recommend the company. Especially after seeing the "improved" results from the new algorithm. My husband's results are way off from what was showing prior to the change. Those were accurate based on the work we've done so far.

I'm so very disappointed in this company.
    Last edited by cherylh; 7th April 2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• FT does a much better quality control check then several of the other companies. They also test a larger portion of the DNA. Many of the recent delays are due to server upgrades surrounding the new release of their MyOrigins.

I know none of this will make you feel any better or less aggravated but it is for the better. As for testing with the other companies, I submitted Ancestry and 23andme in Mid January, Ancestry took 9 weeks just to start processing and 2 additional weeks before my results. 23andme was about 2 weeks faster. I have about 10 kits at FTDNA, there have been times when I received results in 3 weeks after being batched.

It's tough to wait for things but it is science (can't be rushed), I'd much rather have reliable data later than unreliable data sooner!

Comment

• Batch 724: I just got MyOrigins results (interesting, BTW). Waiting for the Matches now…

Comment

• Originally posted by cherylh View Post
          I certainly cannot recommend the company. Especially after seeing the "improved" results from the new algorithm. My husband's results are way off from what was showing prior to the change. Those were accurate based on the work we've done so far.

I'm so very disappointed in this company.
          after the upgrade only my origin result is changed or even ancient origins?

Comment

• Ooh...An Update

Not sure what to believe. Results shown complete on 4/4, yet I've just been told the following:

"04/19/2017 - 05/03/2017. Results for your Family Finder test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control."

So, which is correct? Are my results complete and I have to check back between 24-72 hours, or are they, once again, delayed another four weeks?

Meanwhile, batches higher than 721 are coming in with complete results.

Even unhappier than I was earlier this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zayd View Post
              after the upgrade only my origin result is changed or even ancient origins?
              His ancient origins are the same. It was the My Origins that were changed.

Comment

• Same ancient origins map for two unrelated people?

Update: we got "ancient origins" for two kits in 725.

Our problem isn't with the percentages - one (African American) had percentages of non-European/European that matched up well with those provided by Genographic. The other (American Indian) had percentages that did not match at all those from Genographic. Okay, we expected such variation and we have no idea what sample populations or statistical algorithms FT is using. And this isn't why we had the tests done.

But ... curiously the maps are exactly the same. Two people from different continents, neither European, have identical "ancient origins maps". Showing nothing outside of Europe, and inside Europe a bunch of little brown things with Marshalltown trowels in the exact same locations. Meaning what? Anything other than that the map function isn't working?
                Last edited by abuelita; 7th April 2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• I just received matches but no my origins, dear god! the most important thing for me it's my origins! haha but it's ok i guess my origins will be ready soon
                  Last edited by GarciMuñoz; 7th April 2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GarciMuñoz View Post
                    I just received matches but no my origins, dear god! the most important thing for me it's my origins! haha but it's ok i guess my origins will be ready soon
                    Me, too! I have matches, and ancient origins, but no my origins! LOL! Very frustrated. The good thing is that some of my matches are actually matches--at least I'm assuming they are since we're all looking for the same last names!

Comment

• Originally posted by abuelita View Post
                      Update: we got "ancient origins" for two kits in 725. ........

But ... curiously the maps are exactly the same. Two people from different continents, neither European, have identical "ancient origins maps". Showing nothing outside of Europe, and inside Europe a bunch of little brown things with Marshalltown trowels in the exact same locations. Meaning what? Anything other than that the map function isn't working?
                      Okay I figured it out. It wasn't what I was expecting. The maps are the same because that really is just a map of sites with optional route arrows - so everybody sees the same map. (Though those are supposed to be shovels, not trowels). Rather fun to jump around and read the blurbs, but I think I'm missing the point.

Comment

• Batch 722

Its been 3 days but still nothing but nothing showing in my origins but showing the same annoying message "Please check back in 24-72 hours."
                        Do the staffs work in saturday and sunday too?

Comment

• Batch 721

My 721 batch has matches this morning but my origins isn't completed yet. I don't care too much about "my origins" anyway since it seems to be less accurate than it was just a month ago. The matching feature is the more important one for me.

You can download the raw data file from FTDNA and upload this to Gedmatch and try their matching and ethnicity algorithms too. That part becomes available as soon as matching is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcarson View Post
                            My 721 batch has matches this morning but my origins isn't completed yet. I don't care too much about "my origins" anyway since it seems to be less accurate than it was just a month ago. The matching feature is the more important one for me.

You can download the raw data file from FTDNA and upload this to Gedmatch and try their matching and ethnicity algorithms too. That part becomes available as soon as matching is done.
                            Yes, this is the best option while we waiting for my origins but in this moment gedmatch is down

Comment

• Batch 722

Just got my My origins but still i cant download raw data and cant use matches.

Comment

• Update: 725 has had "ancient origins" available for 1.5 days. Nothing else. 730 now has "ancient origins". 731 nothing at all. So I suppose actual ff testing has been completed up through 730 and they have the raw data, it's just that we can't see, or they haven't run, the analysis. But who knows.

I count 4 mesolithic sites, 4 neolithic, and 2 early metal. Surely that isn't all they're using to calculate %.

Comment

Working...
                                X