X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -tess-
    replied
    Originally posted by -tess- View Post
    Still waiting for the kit in batch 943..
    Results are partially ready

Leave a comment:

• -tess-
    replied
    Still waiting for the kit in batch 943..

Leave a comment:

• Outis
    replied
    Batch 960
    Batched 04/22/2019
    Completed 05/03/2019

Leave a comment:

• solarius
    replied
    Originally posted by solarius View Post
    I've had a mixed experience with ordering this time around, I had 2 samples sent in the same package so were received at the same time.

I ordered 3 tests in total, 2 FF and 1 mtDNA. All were batched on 25/02/19 as part of batch 944.

The mtDNA full sequence which was supposed to take the longest finished early on 19/03/19 vs the earliest date initially given which was 05/04/19.

And then for the same sample for the mtDNA test, I got my FF results late on 10/04/19 against an earliest date of 01/04/19.

Which leaves the other sample remaining, I haven't contacted customer services yet but I'd thought I'd share my experience here.

I've ordered an mtDNA full sequence on another sample and all the individual str upgrades from 25 to 111 and so far every test came back earlier than the given estimation. Given what I've read about this test prior, I'm surprised that it has taken longer than what I was led to believe.
    I finally got my last kit's results posted on 26/04/2019 after having been batched (part of 944) on 25/02/2019. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• abuelita
    replied
    Originally posted by abuelita View Post
    ..."The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Please click this button to report the error:" Note: I don't see any button
    re failed attempts to download the data file for a kit in 946: I reported this and told it was normal to get a 404 error for up to 72 hours after results were posted.
    1. It's been well over 72 hours since the results were posted (which was 8+ weeks after batching)
    2. How can a 404 error be normal? That's a programming error or design flaw. There should be a page that says "pending" or "we've lost your file" or "go away" or something.

Leave a comment:

• KATM
    replied
    I have not received the following email as yet, but saw it posted elsewhere. It is from FTDNA to customers, explaining the delay for autosomal testing:

Dear Valued Customer:

Since the beginning of February 2019, FamilyTreeDNA customers have experienced delays in the processing of their Family Finder tests and the arrival of their DNA results due to our upgrade to a new and more advanced DNA chip. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to get you your results in the very near future.

DNA test processing at FamilyTreeDNA is closely monitored, and we take delays very seriously. We’d like to explain what caused this unexpected delay and update you on the current status of your Family Finder results.

Update To The New Chip

Until recently, FamilyTreeDNA tests were processed using Illumina’s customized Omni chip. To provide our customers with a more robust and powerful analysis, we have upgraded to a new and more advanced custom-designed version, based on Illumina’s Global Screening Array (GSA) chip. The process of designing the content of the new chip and working with Illumina to manufacture the chip has been a year-long process that we are excited to have completed.

Unfortunately, Illumina ran out of our Omni chip supply before the delivery of the new GSA chip to our lab, hindering us as we were not able to process the thousands of kits that arrive at our lab daily.

The good news is that we have received the new GSA chips and have completed multiple tests to ensure that the new chips meet our high standards. The FamilyTreeDNA team has been working around the clock to process the backlog of kits.

Y-DNA and mtDNA orders were not impacted by the move to the new chip. Processing times vary for these tests. Visit the Learning Center for a list of standard processing times.

Results Expected To Be Ready

Samples are now processing and many of you are beginning to receive your results. Based on information from the lab, the majority of the remaining delayed samples are scheduled to complete processing as follows:

Family Finder orders arriving at the lab as well as Family Finder add-on tests, from May onward, will go back to the standard 2-4 week processing time.

We sincerely apologize for the delays and we thank you for your continued patience and support.

Leave a comment:

• abuelita
    replied
    Our kit in 946 is partly there and partly " "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Please click this button to report the error:"

Note: I don't see any button

I'm still too angry to list the various "explanations" I was given over the past weeks. One thing I specifically asked was whether there had been a chip change. They could have taken the opportunity to be honest and say "Yes." But no, that's not their way.

Last edited by abuelita; 28 April 2019, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    947 has come in with matches but the indication is that it will not be complete until tomorrow. However, glad that it is in the process.

Leave a comment:

• Ivovh
    replied
    946 is partly in no matches but the rest is there

Leave a comment:

• scpalm
    replied
    Batch 944 results came in at 4:00 am EST. Perhaps a future discount or free FF kit would help allay frustration over the delays and lack of communication.
    Last edited by scpalm; 26 April 2019, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• -tess-
    replied
    I have two kits in batch 943 (batched on 20Feb). They were ordered as presents for my aunt and grandmother. I expected their FF results somewhere near 8th March (International Womans Day). Time passed, I got only delays and felt really awkward. Today I got FF results for one kit. Another one is pending.

Leave a comment:

• sunkeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by CTCoons View Post
    NVM. Not a FF test.
    Yes, batch 942, Family Finder test completed Apr 25 after being batched Feb 18.

Leave a comment:

• abuelita
    replied
    Originally posted by sunkeeper View Post
    Batch 942 matches have appeared! Finally....that hardly took any time at all, thanks FTDNA.
    Our kit in 941 has also appeared. 10 weeks plus 1 day. Results a tad puzzling. The kit in 946 is still missing.

Leave a comment:

• CTCoons
    replied
    NVM. Not a FF test.

Leave a comment:

• sunkeeper
    replied
    Batch 942 matches have appeared! Finally....that hardly took any time at all, thanks FTDNA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X