Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GarciMuñoz View Post
    Have you receive all your results in 720? Or are you still waiting for one of them?
    I have received 5 of 6 FF in batch 720. If I understood Darren right the last 10% of batch 720 will come this week.

I have not received any result from batch 721. According to Darren 30% of this batch is done.

I have not received any result from batch 722.

As far as I can understand these delays are due to high lab-volume not bad swabs so no need to worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
      Note that this Forum is titled "Grumbles & Gripes." How many people who receive results on time or even slightly before the expected date do you think bother to post that in a thread that basically exists to worry about when results will be in?
      If you look at new FF-matches for present accounts there seems to have been unusually few new matches after March 18. During March 15, 16, 17 and 18 there was 45 new FF-matches for one account and after that only 4 new matches. Darren said something about that he feard a machine would break down.

Comment

Note that this Forum is titled "Grumbles & Gripes." How many people who receive results on time or even slightly before the expected date do you think bother to post that in a thread that basically exists to worry about when results will be in?
        Pretty sure I did!

This was the only Forum I found that gave me some idea of when batches were being completed. I didn't have a grumble or a gripe but just wanted to know when people were receiving the results from batches ahead of the ones I manage.

Comment

• Batch 720

Received my family finder results from batch 720 today . Now busy looking at them for surname matches. Hope everyone elses came today or come soon.

Comment

Is the reply above answering your question mate?

Comment

• Originally posted by kRt View Post
              No, it doesn't answer the question cause you have no idea of how many don't. No one said that nobody posts when they receive their results.

Comment

• Originally posted by kRt View Post
                My point still stands. It's not unexpected that people whose results have been delayed would post in this thread. I think it would be quite a stretch to think that most of those who had their results on time would feel obligated to report that in this thread.

The point is that posts in this thread do not represent an accurate picture of how many or what percentage of test results come in by the expected date or are delayed. Or are you disputing that point?

Comment

• Family finder for batch 727 has been delayed.

Comment

• Yesterday and today some people received their results in batch 720.

Comment

• Delays

There is an announcement on the FTDNA webpage, here: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-test-process/

saying that:

"As of March 29, 2017, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
                      Family Finder – 6 to 8 weeks"

Comment

• Originally posted by aketilander View Post
                        There is an announcement on the FTDNA webpage, here: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-test-process/

saying that:

"As of March 29, 2017, the following tests have delays in normal turnaround times:
                        Family Finder – 6 to 8 weeks"
                        This is good. Although I think there's too much worrying about when a result will come in, it's important for FTDNA to be pro-active and keep customers informed.

My attitude is that my life is busy enough and I don't have time to just worry every day about when a result will come in, not just for myself but also for dozens of members of the two large projects of which I'm an administrator. I have many other things I have to do just to not fall further behind!

But I understand that people paid money and have an emotional investment in getting their results. My advice is to understand that sometimes there's a delay in the process that can't be predicted, so be prepared to face that.

But it is definitely good that FTDNA made an announcement on their website, since that may help reduce the anxiety of those waiting.

Comment

• Just an update on the Family Finder tests. Just about all of 720 is done and about half of 721 is finished and uploaded. 716 through 722 have been larger than average batches but pending any major problems at the lab things should start speeding up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Just an update on the Family Finder tests. Just about all of 720 is done and about half of 721 is finished and uploaded. 716 through 722 have been larger than average batches but pending any major problems at the lab things should start speeding up.
                            Should i worry about my results in batch 720?

Comment

• Got results for a kit in batch 721, yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunkeeper View Post
                                Got results for a kit in batch 721, yesterday.
                                About what time?

Comment

Working...
                                X