Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 720 batch fan

Apparently all batches are delayed. Still waiting for 720.

Comment

• Batch 725

725 was delayed until 04/05/2017 - 04/19/2017. The original date had been set for 03/22/2017 - 04/05/2017. Hoping it comes in soon I wanted to give these results to my grandfather in his 90's.

Comment

• I've got two kits 722 and 724. Both delayed. I see people here with earlier batches and still haven't gotten the results.

What the hell is up FT????

Comment

• Dear FTDNA,
          Can't you send a clear and up to date list of expected results' due date for each batch ?

Comment

• Originally posted by loop View Post
            Dear FTDNA,
            Can't you send a clear and up to date list of expected results' due date for each batch ?
            It is up to date. They revise when it is delayed.

Comment

• Batch 722

Just got another delay message, disappointing as I am waiting on confirmation that I've found my mother's half-sister. We are pretty confident that it is correct, so I'm not pulling out my hair. I just wanted to say that this is my 4th family finder test done here, I had my Dad and a 3rd cousin test as well as myself. The accuracy was spot on, and I believe the other three tests were early. My MTDNA Full sequence may have taken longer, but I believe they aren't as fast as the family finder. I did that one in two steps, getting the entry level one done initially. I have also gotten an entry level Y-DNA on my Dad. All have been very well done, never a problem. I read in an earlier post that someone called it a scam. Anyone calling this a scam is very uninformed, FTDNA has been able to clear up one huge family mystery already, and is about to clear up another. The problems lay in the misunderstanding of what is to be expected. FTDNA is a lab, they can not rush results, nor would I wish them to do so. To rush things would be to invite error, and anyone who has been trying to clear up mysteries or straighten out a crooked tree can not afford to have mistakes made. I would personally prefer a long wait with the correct information to a short one with incorrect information. One must enter into DNA searching with an open mind, do not assume there has been a mistake made on FTDNA's part, it could be that there was a carefully plotted lie or information previously lost to time in your line. If you are unwilling to find out the truth, don't go blaming the messenger. Nor should one expect the answer handed to you on a silver platter with the first try. DNA is fun, but it can be frustratingly slow. It is not FTDNA's fault that the right people have not yet tested to provide your answers. Good luck to all, I hope you find what you are seeking.

Comment

• Originally posted by loop View Post
                Dear FTDNA,
                I don't see how they could. The batch number can't be used to predict a completion date for all vials in the batch.

There are different types of tests within each batch (Family Finder, various Y-DNA tests, and mtDNA), of which some simply take longer than others to process. Then, there is also the possibility that if any particular individual sample did not give proper results, FTDNA has to go back to the stored vials and start again with a new sample.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunno View Post
                  I've got two kits 722 and 724. Both delayed. I see people here with earlier batches and still haven't gotten the results.

What the hell is up FT????
                  Weird, I had upgrades on batch 722, and they posted on 03/07/2017

Comment

• Originally posted by KATM View Post
                    there is also the possibility that if any particular individual sample did not give proper results, FTDNA has to go back to the stored vials and start again with a new sample.
                    This is not happening to everyone
                    • FTDNA has a page showing delays in turnaround times
                      So they say they are juste 1 week late... I am pretty sure everybody agree...
                    Thanks for the links

Comment

• You're right, bad samples are not happening to everyone. There must be other issues that we haven't heard about (to speculate: maybe a processing machine is down, the lab ran out of a chemical they need, or a couple of the lab techs have been out sick).

Comment

• Originally posted by KATM View Post
                        You're right, bad samples are not happening to everyone. There must be other issues that we haven't heard about (to speculate: maybe a processing machine is down, the lab ran out of a chemical they need, or a couple of the lab techs have been out sick).
                        Or quite simply volume is higher than normal. You can transfer your autosomal results for free and they have several different DNA tests. If volume is up, the database is increasing which is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by aketilander View Post
                          My experience from FTDNA is that they are doing a high quality work. They are simply the top of the line when DNA-genealogy is concerned. If you don´t put in any effort yourself and learn a little bit about DNA-genealogy then you may have problems understanding the results, but if you do the rewards are big.

So, I don´t agree at all with the comment that it is a scam.
                          Have you receive all your results in 720? Or are you still waiting for one of them?
                          Last edited by GarciMuñoz; 28 March 2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasonX View Post
                            Or quite simply volume is higher than normal. You can transfer your autosomal results for free and they have several different DNA tests. If volume is up, the database is increasing which is good.
                            Think isn't the case, nobody reported receive results on the last days.

Comment

• Originally posted by kRt View Post
                              How do you know that? Cause most people once they get results, stop posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by kRt View Post
                                Note that this Forum is titled "Grumbles & Gripes." How many people who receive results on time or even slightly before the expected date do you think bother to post that in a thread that basically exists to worry about when results will be in?

Comment

Working...
                                X