Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AntG77 View Post
    Still waiting on FF results from Batch 697
    Received my results today, way ahead of schedule. Guess you're unlucky

    Comment


    • We got my uncle's results today, two weeks early. He was in batch 699.

      Comment


      • Received the results today for a FamilyFinder kit in Batch 700.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by justinlodge View Post
          I have batch 700, batched 10/26/16. Results expected for YDNA37 12/7/16 - 12/21/16.
          Results received 11/11/16.

          Comment


          • Start the Clock!

            Just got Big Y batched into 703.
            Current ETA is 01/11/2017 - 01/25/2017.

            Comment


            • FF batch 703 due 12/7-12/21
              Same as Dewsloth for Big Y

              Comment


              • My kit is in batch 703, batched 11/16/2016.

                FF expected 12/14/2016-12/28/2016
                Y-DNA expected 12/28/2016-01/11/2016

                Comment


                • Anyone in batch 702 who has received their results early?

                  Expected: 12/21/2016 - 01/04/2017

                  Comment


                  • my FF batch 703 was delayed a weekto 12/14-12/28!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by high734 View Post
                      my FF batch 703 was delayed a weekto 12/14-12/28!
                      Now I've got two projects outstanding:

                      Big Y batch 703 01/11/2017 - 01/25/2017
                      Y-DNA67 batch 704 01/04/2017 - 01/18/2017

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by high734 View Post
                        FF batch 703 due 12/7-12/21
                        Same as Dewsloth for Big Y
                        I'm only testing for one single SNP, yet I'm in batch 702 with due date way after yours, how come?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nihilsciens View Post
                          I'm only testing for one single SNP, yet I'm in batch 702 with due date way after yours, how come?
                          Maybe your test is less automated and needs special attention? That's just my guess.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nihilsciens View Post
                            I'm only testing for one single SNP, yet I'm in batch 702 with due date way after yours, how come?
                            None of the tests are done as a single test. The tests are done on a plate that contains a few to several dozen people's DNA samples, all of whom have ordered the same test.

                            So, it's possible that they're waiting for more orders for the specific SNP you've ordered to fill up a plate. Whereas, other tests, such as 67 markers or Big Y, are more popular and fill up a plate faster and get faster results.

                            That's just a guess on my part, but it may explain why your expected date is later. This is especially the case since most people who do SNP testing are ordering a SNP pack or Big Y, not a single SNP.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
                              None of the tests are done as a single test. The tests are done on a plate that contains a few to several dozen people's DNA samples, all of whom have ordered the same test.

                              So, it's possible that they're waiting for more orders for the specific SNP you've ordered to fill up a plate. Whereas, other tests, such as 67 markers or Big Y, are more popular and fill up a plate faster and get faster results.

                              That's just a guess on my part, but it may explain why your expected date is later. This is especially the case since most people who do SNP testing are ordering a SNP pack or Big Y, not a single SNP.
                              All right, I get it. I just looked at my Y-DNA results at 23andme and realized that they already tested that SNP. I'm negative. Now that's $40 wasted.

                              Comment


                              • Wow... I really did not expect to get my uncle's Y-111 results back so soon. He was in batch 703 (and the earliest his results were expected wasn't til 12/28), but we got his results -- all 111 markers -- this morning, just two weeks after his test was batched.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X