No announcement yet.

Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No results yet for a cousin's Family Finder in batch 688. We've only just gone past the 4 week mark so this isn't really a gripe (well, maybe a bit of a gripe since batch 689 already has results and I'm impatient!)

Comment

• This time, I specifically went with FTDNA as I was exasperated with the waiting time of the competitors. And I also believe that FTDNA provides better results for genealogy. Here is where we are standing:

Batch 685 - little luck

Mailed on 7/5/16
      Received - rare case! - in two days

In that batch,

client 1 - ordered full mito and family finder

Full mito - received on 8/14 or so

Family finder - extended till 9/7 - 9/21 (what's the biggie about FF? It is not big Y after all)

Client 2 - ordered Y-37

I received the results around 8/19 but the group has not been determined; all I got was that it was "Probably E". They are working at it and in the meantime, I do not know what else to order to clarify the group. His FF test added later as an afterthought and is still pending

Batch 686 - sent on 7/6

FF results received 8/28

Y67 is still pending and the waiting time has been extended to 9/7-9/21

July and August have been very slow. Previous experience with FTDNA has been very satisfying short of the problem when sample 1 was lying at the P.O. for 3 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntG77 View Post

That aside, my sample with 23andMe doesn't have sufficient DNA on the first attempt :/
        In such cases, you always wonder if it was the person who could not even collect right, or whether the sample was spilled by 23andme. I sent them two samples. One, an 89-year old lady who is doing amazingly well for her age, did not have much saliva - old person, it took her a while to collect, and finally, I said, "enough" - it did not even reach the line, but it was all she could do. Nevertheless, they processed it fast and the results were more than satisfying.

The second person was younger and had no problem collecting it, and suddenly, they mailed me another kit saying not enough DNA... What am I to think?

Comment

• What Batch please

Hi,
          Could someone please let me know what Batch just came in for Family Finder?

I just looked and had 2 new matches posted today.

Waiting for my 3rd cousin results it's still early.

Thank you

Comment

• batch nr 685

Comment

• Thank you.

Originally posted by kora View Post
              batch nr 685

Comment

• Originally posted by kora View Post

In such cases, you always wonder if it was the person who could not even collect right, or whether the sample was spilled by 23andme. I sent them two samples. One, an 89-year old lady who is doing amazingly well for her age, did not have much saliva - old person, it took her a while to collect, and finally, I said, "enough" - it did not even reach the line, but it was all she could do. Nevertheless, they processed it fast and the results were more than satisfying.

The second person was younger and had no problem collecting it, and suddenly, they mailed me another kit saying not enough DNA... What am I to think?
                I'm 38 and had no problem filling it but failed it did...(and did it when waking/before food/drink etc.) Ancestry had no problem with my sample to them so it's a bit bizarre. Hopefully I'll have no problem with FTDNA swabs but we'll see...

Comment

• Batch 688 Family Finder

We got results sometime in the last 12-24 hours.

Comment

• Dave thank you that is what i was looking for to find out.
                    Sept 2 I looked and I had 2 new matches just posted that day.
                    I am just trying to keep up so I know when my cousins batch come up. He is a 3rd cousin so I may not be a match.

Thank you

"Batch 688 Family Finder
                    We got results sometime in the last 12-24 hours.
                    "

Comment

• Originally posted by CAM View Post
                      Hi,
                      Could someone please let me know what Batch just came in for Family Finder?

I just looked and had 2 new matches posted today.

Waiting for my 3rd cousin results it's still early.

Thank you
                      I had two sets of Family Finder results back on 2nd September over a month ahead of schedule, both from batch 690.

Comment

• [Thank you. Wow you did get yours early. My cousin is in Batch 691 I will see when it come in.
                        I have had FF kits come early I have had some late.

QUOTE=gtkingston;430002]I had two sets of Family Finder results back on 2nd September over a month ahead of schedule, both from batch 690.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• I suppose Family Finder tests generally take less time than Y-DNA tests? I'm on batch 689 and seeing that batch 688 is getting finished up seems promising (The expected date is 5th of October), you think I can expect to get my results in a week or so then? I'm doing a Y37-test.

Comment

• FF tests are definately faster. I'm batch 683 and have had FF over a month and am still waiting on my y-37. They were both batched as 683.

Comment

• Holy moley, I already received my Y37-DNA results after only 4 weeks! (batch 689)

Comment

• Yeah the timetable wasn't great but I got the results back today finally. Super excited though now!

Comment

Working...
                                X