Current FF batch #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solarius View Post

The problem with that is batches aren't being posted whole, I've had 1 result come back out of 2 from the same batch so it's not as straightforward as that.
    Are you saying that you have two kits in the same batch and one has posted but the other one hasn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post

Are you saying that you have two kits in the same batch and one has posted but the other one hasn't?

Yes exactly, batch 944 to be precise. Both kits were sent in the same parcel to them so you would think that they would have processed and posted results for both at the same time. It's been 2 weeks since I've had the results posted for one kit and the other one is due no sooner than 29/04/19.

Comment

• Some sort of explanation certainly would be appreciated by everyone, I'm sure. Being pushed back 4 times is just not acceptable without some sort of reason. Shame on Family Tree DNA for keeping everyone in the dark. It's as simple as telling us why this has happened over and over again, or, get us the results we've paid for.

Comment

• Well, this is the 10 week anniversary of the batching of our kit in 941. 7 weeks and a couple of days for the one in 946. I'm certainly going to submit this data to the dnageek survey, as I did with the ones that finished in 11 days. I've quit complaining to Ashley and her cohorts. They have to say what they're being told to say, and probably need to keep their jobs.

We got the Y STRs long ago, even the SNP pack on our 941 has finished.

Our requests to project admins, asking them to use their contacts to try to find out the explanation, were just ignored. Not even acknowledged with a "We can't find out either." So we've been dropping out of projects - when we needed help or advice it wasn't there.

There really should be some sort of ombudsman.

Comment

• Ask and you shall receive. Just got an email from the company saying they were using a new chip but they didn't have the actual chips in stock until recently. All kits received prior to March should have results in 15 days or less, those from April can expect 20 days. I guess we'll see if this is yet again another big snow job to shut us up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunkeeper View Post
              Ask and you shall receive. Just got an email from the company saying they were using a new chip but they didn't have the actual chips in stock until recently. All kits received prior to March should have results in 15 days or less, those from April can expect 20 days. I guess we'll see if this is yet again another big snow job to shut us up.
              So the 7-10 business days (email of April 16th) and 4-7 business days (email of April 19th) assurances were just nonsense as usual. We've been celebrating "DNA day" by ordering kits from other companies.

Comment

• The email announcement today about Family Finder delays is too late to be helpful. The company's failure to manage customers' expectations seems matched by its failure to manage the chip supplier. We normally expect tests to take 2-4 weeks and the announcement confirms "from May onward, will go back to the standard 2-4 week processing time".

I bought a test in batch 942 for a cousin who waited patiently but eventually gave up and bought his own Ancestry test. His Ancestry results were back before the previous FTDNA delay was sneaked in. This is not just an embarrassment for me as a longstanding customer but it is clear that my cousin will not be testing his extended family with FTDNA.

The silence of The FamilyTreeDNA Team for months was not just a bad business decision. It was plain discourtesy.

Comment

• I thought the email announcement was a satisfactory explanation as to the delays . However, it should have been announced much sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Argon View Post
                    The email announcement today about Family Finder delays is too late to be helpful. The company's failure to manage customers' expectations seems matched by its failure to manage the chip supplier. We normally expect tests to take 2-4 weeks and the announcement confirms "from May onward, will go back to the standard 2-4 week processing time".

I bought a test in batch 942 for a cousin who waited patiently but eventually gave up and bought his own Ancestry test. His Ancestry results were back before the previous FTDNA delay was sneaked in. This is not just an embarrassment for me as a longstanding customer but it is clear that my cousin will not be testing his extended family with FTDNA.

The silence of The FamilyTreeDNA Team for months was not just a bad business decision. It was plain discourtesy.
                    Perfect example of to little to late. It is embarrassing when we try to explain why results have taken so long. Couldn't agree more, it should have been announced when the problem began, some of us have been waiting 2 months now for any sort of reason why tests are "pushed back".

Yes, all the other previous emails received by others clearly show you can't believe what they tell you at all, why do we think this latest email explanation is actual?

Comment

• Batch 942 matches have appeared! Finally....that hardly took any time at all, thanks FTDNA.

Comment

• NVM. Not a FF test.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunkeeper View Post
                          Batch 942 matches have appeared! Finally....that hardly took any time at all, thanks FTDNA.
                          Our kit in 941 has also appeared. 10 weeks plus 1 day. Results a tad puzzling. The kit in 946 is still missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCoons View Post
                            NVM. Not a FF test.
                            Yes, batch 942, Family Finder test completed Apr 25 after being batched Feb 18.

Comment

• I have two kits in batch 943 (batched on 20Feb). They were ordered as presents for my aunt and grandmother. I expected their FF results somewhere near 8th March (International Womans Day). Time passed, I got only delays and felt really awkward. Today I got FF results for one kit. Another one is pending.

Comment

• Batch 944 results came in at 4:00 am EST. Perhaps a future discount or free FF kit would help allay frustration over the delays and lack of communication.
                                Last edited by scpalm; 26th April 2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X